By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone has the most interesting universe and backstory in any game ever [Discussion]

Tagged games:

Do you want to see a Prequel in the Killzone universe on PS4?

Yes, during the third World War (2050) 30 31.25%

Yes, during the first Extrasolar War (2200) 20 20.83%

Yes, but during another period 5 5.21%

No, I want to see a sequel 12 12.50%

No, they should end it with ShadowFall 29 30.21%

Total:96

I think that a fair amount of RPG's would have a say in that. And quite a few other games as well.

Around the Network

Too bad they put that interesting story/universe onto their website instead of into the actual games.

Sorry, but Mass Effect takes the price on this one.

Nintendo and PC gamer

The games themselves are pretty fun. But i have to say the story within the games is told pretty weak. The characters don't hold you and the dialogue leaves alot to be desired.
because of this ive never wanted to find out about the backstory. So cant really comment to much on that.

kz2 was my favourite of the trilogy so far. 3 was prertty boring.

J_Allard said:
Too bad they put that interesting story/universe onto their website instead of into the actual games.

LOOOOOL

exactly my thoughts

Around the Network

I'm very thankful that Sony released the trilogy on the PS3 or I would have missed out on this game series.

I'm always jittery when it comes to prequels. So I would vote for a sequel instead but this is just me.

My opinion on the topic is the Ogre Battle saga, though as big as they are and the inclusion of books that include past wars, etc,  I'd assume the Elder Scrolls game has more backstory and history to them.  I haven't played much of the Elder Scrolls other than Oblivion, so just an assumption.

No way...
But I have to admit, Helghast design is beyond epic. Coolest looking characters ever.

I'd strongly disagree.

While it teased interesting themes like humanity branching into actually biologically different strands, Killzone has so far failed to really explore these themes, being content to effectively be merely WW2 on Mars.

The characters and plots were very dry and cookie-cutter, with the only bright spots being the main villains, and only because of the awesome voice acting of Brian Cox and Malcolm McDowell.

It has potential, but so far its been unrealized potential.

I disagree.