By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How many of you still have PS3 fats still running?

Tagged games:

I got a 60GB launch model (2007) that still runs perfectly. Had to repair it months ago, though. The damn thing wouldn't turn on!

Around the Network

Got my PS3 at launch and it's still working fine (and it worked a lot). Only thing i had is that last year the fan was running overtime, sounded like an Xbox 360 lol. Just took it all apart cleaned the whole thing and replaced the thermal grease on chips, after that it was on normal level again. Although not as silent the first year i had it. Back then it was freaking silent. But you can not expect a 7 year old fan to run as smoothly as it once did.

Collecting free bitcoin @ https://freebitco.in/?r=5970871

I still have my fat 40GB (or 60GB can't remember) model and it runs like a champ. I upgraded the hard drive to 500GB though but that's about it. It makes no weird noises or anything and you can't even hear it while it's on.

I WISH my launch PS3 was still working. It lasted through 6 years and two trips to Iraq before it finally went to the great PSN I the clowd. Finally had to get me a slim last year. Miss my B/C and extra USB ports....

i have an 80 GB PS3 Phat which i bought back in september 2009 which came with 2 controllers and Resistance: Fall of man and Heavenly Sward. since then its working perfectly till this day with no noises or anything except it froze on me on rare occasions and was a little loud when i played GOW3 back in 2010 but thats pretty much it.

yeah i also just upgraded the HDD to 750 GB and never looked back :D

Around the Network

Had mine for years and it's been perfectly silent.

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden

I have two original launch 60G UK models. one sounds like a jet (but works fine), the other is quite and works perfectly!!

(three in the house - one regular slim and the two above). 

I have a original 60GB PHAT which works perfectly fine but I have problems running newer PS2 titles.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Still have my fat running with heavy usage, still runs quiet too.

my 60gb did YOLD last week... will re-balling it this Saturday...
if the fan does start to go very loud and in high RPM, my guess is the thermal paste is dry and isn't transferring the heat properly. open it, clean it, change thermal paste... should bring the fan speed down and the heat out.

hope PS4 has less maintenance than early PS3 fat...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4