By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FuturLab Explains How Sony Approaches Companies to Make Their Games Free on PlayStation Plus

Tagged games:

good to know

Around the Network

just want to get ps4 asap

can't wait for too long!

Red_Hawk-47 said:

can't wait for too long!

You know you could have said all of that in just one post and not three...

riderz13371 said:

Why would you think that? Vita got some big games a couple of months after launching with PS Plus. Mostly launch titles like Uncharted and Gravity Rush. We will most likely see the same for PS4. Knack is almost a guaranteed game to be on PS Plus and possibly some third party game. Maybe Assassin's Creed will be there in order to push the next Assassin's Creed game next November (or whenever it releases). Possibly even NFS Rivals. Who knows, all I know is that it won't take them "years" to give out big games on PS4 for PS Plus. Not to mention that the install base for PS Plus will increase because you now need it to play online.

Those are Sony Vita games.

And the requirement for online play is a double edged sword. The install base and amount of people downloading these free games is both a good thing and a bad thing for other publishers. I assume this is one reason Europe got so many more incredible games on PS3 PS+ than we got in the US. Put those same games up in the US and they will be downloaded a lot more.

Knack is a boring looking game so simplistic that Jimmy Fallon was able to master it in about 2 minutes. And is also a Sony game. I am talking the huge AAA 3rd party titles. I am sure Sony will load up PS+ with lots of their own retail and indie titles.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
riderz13371 said:

Why would you think that? Vita got some big games a couple of months after launching with PS Plus. Mostly launch titles like Uncharted and Gravity Rush. We will most likely see the same for PS4. Knack is almost a guaranteed game to be on PS Plus and possibly some third party game. Maybe Assassin's Creed will be there in order to push the next Assassin's Creed game next November (or whenever it releases). Possibly even NFS Rivals. Who knows, all I know is that it won't take them "years" to give out big games on PS4 for PS Plus. Not to mention that the install base for PS Plus will increase because you now need it to play online.

Those are Sony Vita games.

And the requirement for online play is a double edged sword. The install base and amount of people downloading these free games is both a good thing and a bad thing for other publishers. I assume this is one reason Europe got so many more incredible games on PS3 PS+ than we got in the US. Put those same games up in the US and they will be downloaded a lot more.

Knack is a boring looking game so simplistic that Jimmy Fallon was able to master it in about 2 minutes. And is also a Sony game. I am talking the huge AAA 3rd party titles. I am sure Sony will load up PS+ with lots of their own retail and indie titles.

Why would it matter where the games come from. Whether they be published by Sony or are third party...I would prefer to get Killzone than most of the third party games the PS4 will have at launch.

So... Sony throws money at them? Yeah, I figured.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

No developers just give their games out for free.

riderz13371 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Nah, I think this is wrong. They pay Sony for the exposure.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
riderz13371 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Nah, I think this is wrong. They pay Sony for the exposure.

Are you...Are you serious? All this time I thought it was for free! How can Sony do this to me! HOW CAN YOU DO THIS SONY!