By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FuturLab Explains How Sony Approaches Companies to Make Their Games Free on PlayStation Plus

Tagged games:

riderz13371 said:
J_Allard said:
riderz13371 said:

Why would you think that? Vita got some big games a couple of months after launching with PS Plus. Mostly launch titles like Uncharted and Gravity Rush. We will most likely see the same for PS4. Knack is almost a guaranteed game to be on PS Plus and possibly some third party game. Maybe Assassin's Creed will be there in order to push the next Assassin's Creed game next November (or whenever it releases). Possibly even NFS Rivals. Who knows, all I know is that it won't take them "years" to give out big games on PS4 for PS Plus. Not to mention that the install base for PS Plus will increase because you now need it to play online.

Those are Sony Vita games.

And the requirement for online play is a double edged sword. The install base and amount of people downloading these free games is both a good thing and a bad thing for other publishers. I assume this is one reason Europe got so many more incredible games on PS3 PS+ than we got in the US. Put those same games up in the US and they will be downloaded a lot more.

Knack is a boring looking game so simplistic that Jimmy Fallon was able to master it in about 2 minutes. And is also a Sony game. I am talking the huge AAA 3rd party titles. I am sure Sony will load up PS+ with lots of their own retail and indie titles.

Why would it matter where the games come from. Whether they be published by Sony or are third party...I would prefer to get Killzone than most of the third party games the PS4 will have at launch.

It matters because I was talking about the PS3 PS+ lineup of games. Like I said, I doubt we will see games like that on PS4. Sony can throw whichever of their games on the service they'd like.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
riderz13371 said:

Why would it matter where the games come from. Whether they be published by Sony or are third party...I would prefer to get Killzone than most of the third party games the PS4 will have at launch.

It matters because I was talking about the PS3 PS+ lineup of games. Like I said, I doubt we will see games like that on PS4. Sony can throw whichever of their games on the service they'd like.

Not years imo, but I definitly not immediately. I would take a stab at around 6-8 months for any game that performed poorly at launch and and just before the launch of a sequel for the more successful franchise.