Tagged games:

outlawauron said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Boutros said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Could top the orginal's 4 million

But dam only 460,000 concurrent users

*Remembers when WoW had +12 million subscribers, still has 7.7 today*

Concurrent users mean people playing the game at the same point in time. It's not the same as amount of subscribers

Since subsribers are paying monthly, I would think they are concurrent, why would you be paying and not playing?

Not every subscriber plays the game at the same time. I know many people despite paying for WoW, hadn't touched it in months.

Seems dumb to me, but I'm not doubting you, tho I don't think its in the millions.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network
_crazy_man_ said:
outlawauron said:

Not every subscriber plays the game at the same time. I know many people despite paying for WoW, hadn't touched it in months.

Seems dumb to me, but I'm not doubting you, tho I don't think its in the millions.

This was the case with dozens of people I knew after Cataclysm came out. They would go a while without logging in, mostly only playing events and when the odd drive got them. It was always weird to me.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
_crazy_man_ said:
outlawauron said:

This was the case with dozens of people I knew after Cataclysm came out. They would go a while without logging in, mostly only playing events and when the odd drive got them. It was always weird to me.

Yeah get these on forums alot.  Cata was a medicore expansion, Pandria is vastly better (not WotLK level but still good) but for some reason more people are leaving.

Anyhow, a large majority that bitch on the forums talking about unsubsribing / quitting are STILL subscribed.  My logic can't wrap my head around it.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

BasilZero said:

On game's first anniversary, ArenaNet reveals new sales milestone; peak concurrent player figure reaches 460,000 people.

Guild Wars II has now sold over 3.5 million copies, developer ArenaNet announced today on the game's first anniversary of release in August 2012.

For a time the game seemed to have diesd....

...good to hear that the game is recovering... might log in agian now that it is slowly being revived :)

hope to see you guys there

Honestly, well deserved for a great MMO.

Around the Network

Guild Wars 2 revenue fell 20% last quarter from NC Soft. Don't belive the hype.

GW2 isn't sustainable in my opinion. If you don't have well defined class roles, your endgame can't really have strategy and it all just becomes a zerg fest. So maybe they update a lot, but that doesn't mean that people will keep being interested for long. It's a wonderful game to begin with, but as you keep playing, you tend to feel bland because you're so similar with the next guy.

Even I bought one, still yet to play lol.

Vasto said:
Guild Wars 2 revenue fell 20% last quarter from NC Soft. Don't belive the hype.

There is no hype. GW2 hype is built on lies.

The game had one revolutionary advancement: Events. Everything else was badly broken and unfunctional. After getting to 80, if you can be bothered to get that far, you will leave the game out of boredom and lack of what to do. Theres also hardly any social interactions in the game. Its an absolutely failure and its been dieing out in terms of population. 

Dont believe the hype and the reviews. This isnt a good MMO. Its the illusion of what could've been a really revolutionary MMO, but wasnt. Heck, its alot worse than the original was. Really, its only the events.

Big numbers, considering it has not launched in the eastern territories yet.
Will see probably another 1-2 million sales when it launches in china, possibly even more. and the concurrent users will shoot up dramatically then.
Good times ahead for ANet and NCSoft

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)