By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA HW Pre-Orders. PS4 600K, Xbox One 350K (VGC data)

KNACK!!

I immediately looked at the list to see if Knack was present and it is!

over 40K!

I can't wait to see everything else Sony Japan has in store. I still believe that Puppeteer should have been a PS4.

I wonder if Knack can do over 100k 1st week?

Around the Network
Captain_Tom said:
DietSoap said:
As much as I'd love to believe, I assuming this is just another case of VGChartz doing a complete fuck up job of tracking. If the One isn't winning NA, it's not winning anywhere, and I can't believe Microsoft would just left them have it like this.

You and some people act like MS is God and decides how well they do.  MS is not God, Sony is no slouch.   MS is doing and has done everything they can to succeed.  Sometimes the cold, hard truth is that one product is just flat out better (Or percieved better at the very least) than another no matter what.

MS lost 900 million dollars trying to make the Surface Tablet compete with the iPad while Apple just sat back and dominated.

This, amazes ME MS fans underestimate sony despite them never having beaten Sony. Sony is huge in the console business.  MS is not god, they are powerless to change market forces, Playstation is a very strong brand. Nothing MS can do.

DietSoap said:
CGI-Quality said:
DietSoap said:
As much as I'd love to believe, I assuming this is just another case of VGChartz doing a complete fuck up job of tracking. If the One isn't winning NA, it's not winning anywhere, and I can't believe Microsoft would just left them have it like this.

Because MS can't control what's going to happen, especially not right now. What's done is done, and one of these machines is $100 cheaper, with much better market perception. Nearly a complete flip-flop of the PS3 vs 360.

They can control the price, for one. Drop the shitty Kinect garbage and sell it for $350, undercutting the PS4 by $50 in an attempt to justify the weaker hardware. Even Nintendo ended up dropping the Wii U price today despite all their insistence they wouldn't/it wouldn't be possible.

They have the money to take a serious loss, and if Pachter is to be believed (yeah, I know), they're already selling the $500 sku at a slight profit, so this wouldn't even be a serious loss. They can't afford to not be competitive right now.

MS invested countless millions into making Kinect 2.0 the powerhouse it is to the point that they neglected the base hardware a little.  They did this because they felt everyone would buy a console that has both Wii and Halo/Gears appeal.  That is the soul of the console and what it is designed to be!

They simply cannot afford to throw away all of that R&D and sell the console at a $100 loss because it would bring the Xbox debt past 5 Billion dollars once again for no reason other than to say they sold more!  

MS created the Xbox division to get into the living room and eventully keep it there as a successful long-term brand.   However it is the third generation of Xbox and MS is still hemorging money to keep this brand afloat.  If the Xbox One, the actual incarnation of what Xbox was always supposed to be fails to make the profit they have always wanted, than Xbox fails and it will be done.  There is no point in bleeding money to make a "Me-Too" product like the Zune was.

A Playstation has been the most sold console every year since 1995 except the Wii years (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010) according to Vgchartz......, so we shouldn't be surprised a new Playstation will become the most sold console....

colafitte said:
A Playstation has been the most sold console every year since 1995 except the Wii years (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010) according to Vgchartz......, so we shouldn't be surprised a new Playstation will become the most sold console....

This, blows my mind people fail to grasp, playstation is a VERY , very strong brand.

Around the Network
iamdeath said:
Captain_Tom said:
DietSoap said:

You and some people act like MS is God and decides how well they do.  MS is not God, Sony is no slouch.   MS is doing and has done everything they can to succeed.  Sometimes the cold, hard truth is that one product is just flat out better (Or percieved better at the very least) than another no matter what.

MS lost 900 million dollars trying to make the Surface Tablet compete with the iPad while Apple just sat back and dominated.

This, amazes ME MS fans underestimate sony despite them never having beaten Sony. Sony is huge in the console business.  MS is not god, they are powerless to change market forces, Playstation is a very strong brand. Nothing MS can do.

The other day my Xbox-Fanboy-Friend didn't believe me when I told him Sony is actually decently bigger than Microsoft and has a ton of reach.  Here ya go folks:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft  MS=97,000 employees

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony  Sony=146,300 employees

Now before somone posts profits or something else, remember I am not saying "Sony has more power," I am saying neither can just push the other one around, and with Sony's superior global reach and manufacturing roots it should be no surprise that they can make a similar product for less money and distribute it better...

Captain_Tom said:
iamdeath said:
Captain_Tom said:
DietSoap said:

The other day my Xbox-Fanboy-Friend didn't believe me when I told him Sony is actually decently bigger than Microsoft and has a ton of reach.  Here ya go folks:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft  MS=97,000 employees

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony  Sony=146,300 employees

Now before somone posts profits or something else, remember I am not saying "Sony has more power," I am saying neither can just push the other one around, and with Sony's superior global reach and manufacturing roots it should be no surprise that they can make a similar product for less money and distribute it better...

Good post....Sony is a big corporation.

Its obvious there are more ps4 pre ordered because its cheaper

DeadBigfoot21 said:
Its obvious there are more ps4 pre ordered because its cheaper

Not near that simple, ps3 outsold 360 and it was more expensive................... If they were the same price the PS4 would still be ahead imo.

Hard to believe these numbers when they keep changing.