By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA HW Pre-Orders. PS4 600K, Xbox One 350K (VGC data)

CGI-Quality said:
ironmanDX said:
iamdeath said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Its obvious there are more ps4 pre ordered because its cheaper

Not near that simple, ps3 outsold 360 and it was more expensive................... If they were the same price the PS4 would still be ahead imo.

It is. It only just surpassed the 360 a couple of months ago, in fact, Sony still hasn't even made an official statement about that yet. That statement is true for %99 of this gen. More importantly, you're forgetting the Wii... It says hi.

The Wii has zero to do with that context, though. Whether the PS3 is 100K or so ahead or 10k behind, the fact remains it caught up while being more expensive throughout the 7th gen. 

So, as he said, not that simple.

Amen.  Honestly this generation was a 3-way tie.  Don't kid yourself people...

Around the Network

If Sony can even achieve parity through 2014 with Microsoft they pretty well have world wide sales won, to out sell it would put it beyond all doubt.

Man, these first 6 to 18 months will be fascinating to watch unfold.

selnor1983 said:
Sings true with sonys statement that they are over 1 million. 400,000 for eu and Japan is easily plausible.

xbox one sounds about right to. The e3 debacle played nicely into sonys hands pre launch. Be interesting to see if Microsoft can work hard to come back like Sony did. Microsoft will have to produce loads of new ips and loads of exclusives. They will have to raise their game. They can do it, but they have to be flawless for the whole generation.

one things for certain. Sony wont slow up. And people love their exclusives. So its game on.

Sony said 1 million PS4s had been pre-orderd, not 1 million games. The total game pre-orders is almost definitely a fair bit higher (people don't tend to order a console without a game too along with it :P)

Roterfan said:

For only 499 € OMFG !!!!!!

hope this come to my Asia and i will definitely get it...

Captain_Tom said:

They simply cannot afford to throw away all of that R&D and sell the console at a $100 loss because it would bring the Xbox debt past 5 Billion dollars once again for no reason other than to say they sold more!

They're not going to have a choice, either they acknowledged they fucked up with the Kinect and drop it, or they kiss all their gains in the market goodbye, it's really that simple.

It's a competitive industry, if Microsoft keeps trying to rest on their laurels to catch up on profit and act like the competition isn't still gunning full throttle, they're going to get left behind.

Around the Network

Next-gen pre-orders overtrackedz. I call it here and now.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

damn the PS4 does look like it will dominated but i wonder how much is the xbox one doing in europe?

Zekkyou said:
selnor1983 said:
Sings true with sonys statement that they are over 1 million. 400,000 for eu and Japan is easily plausible.

xbox one sounds about right to. The e3 debacle played nicely into sonys hands pre launch. Be interesting to see if Microsoft can work hard to come back like Sony did. Microsoft will have to produce loads of new ips and loads of exclusives. They will have to raise their game. They can do it, but they have to be flawless for the whole generation.

one things for certain. Sony wont slow up. And people love their exclusives. So its game on.

Sony said 1 million PS4s had been pre-orderd, not 1 million games. The total game pre-orders is almost definitely a fair bit higher (people don't tend to order a console without a game too along with it :P)

Youve lost me. The thread is talking about Hardware. Which is what Im refferring to. Why you mention games?

Roterfan said:

For only 499 € OMFG !!!!!!

The box alone has me hyped.... I wish that bundle had been available when I preordered mine (I got the camera and an extra controller) as that would have saved me some cash.... Though tough to say what the equivilent price would have been on USD given they aren't pricing the with parity to begin with.