By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Grand Theft Auto V Thread: GTA ONLINE OUT NOW!

Favourite protagonist?

Micheal 61 58.10%

Franklin 16 15.24%

Trevor 22 20.95%

Total:99
Cobretti2 said:
What I want to know is HOW many of these reviewers actually finished the game main story at least.

I'd like to think a good number. It looks like to blitz through the main story will take around 25-30 hours, not including all the exploration, messing around, side missions etc. 

So slightly longer than past games I think. Though, having mid-mission checkpoints may mean that, depending on how good you are at the game, you may take less time to do the story than previous titles.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
iamdeath said:
Conegamer said:
DestructorGT said:
I'm picking it up at launch, and I'm predicting a 97 score on metacritic. I always wondered how could any game get even one perfect score because nothing is perfect, everything has flaws. It will probably be the game of the year.

It may be the highest rated game of the year...but I still think a lot of sites will go with The Last of Us. I don't know, it just seems to be the darling of the Internet for some reason (though it is damn good and in my Top 10 games of all time, so there's some merit to it).

It has nothing to do with it being a darling, it is that good....................................

Maybe. But don't go forgetting GTA IV and it's over-inflated score, now.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/10598-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Review-People-Suck.2

If only the morally reprehensible script written by Dan Houser lived up to the achievements in game-making that Grand Theft Auto V otherwise embodies, it would be not just the game of the year but of the decade. Unfortunately, you can only hear a character say "&^%@ you, Mother&*^%er" so many times before it starts to grate on you. You can only embody a vicious psychopath a short time before it becomes boring, at best, and soul-crushing, at worst. Forcing players to murder people, not in a gamey "I killed you to complete a goal" way that defines this medium, but in a terrorizing and demeaning way, is not what will make videogames great. Rockstar had a chance to elevate, and they wasted it on portraying characters you don't want to spend five minutes with, let alone the hours it would take to play through the game's story.

7/10

I'm surprised they gave the IGN review to Keza. I really like her reviews though, and this was no exception.

GamechaserBE said:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/10598-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Review-People-Suck.2

If only the morally reprehensible script written by Dan Houser lived up to the achievements in game-making that Grand Theft Auto V otherwise embodies, it would be not just the game of the year but of the decade. Unfortunately, you can only hear a character say "&^%@ you, Mother&*^%er" so many times before it starts to grate on you. You can only embody a vicious psychopath a short time before it becomes boring, at best, and soul-crushing, at worst. Forcing players to murder people, not in a gamey "I killed you to complete a goal" way that defines this medium, but in a terrorizing and demeaning way, is not what will make videogames great. Rockstar had a chance to elevate, and they wasted it on portraying characters you don't want to spend five minutes with, let alone the hours it would take to play through the game's story.

7/10

Here comes the hate LOL.

Around the Network

So reading some reviews here. I guess, I guess...don't get the game if you don't like torture. Or, don't buy this game if you don't like seeing a misogynistic world.

So, don't play if you don't like GTA.

GamechaserBE said:

7/10

Indeed. Looks like it's happening as I mentioned above then, eh? 

I don't see how it can be that bad, though. I mean, what did you expect?

Just wait until Quarter to Three gives it a bad score.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Just wait until Quarter to Three gives it a bad score.

Just proof how useless metacritic and game reviews can be. Seems anyone can be on metacritic. Even trolls.

Perfect example of the gaming media industry giving handjobs to a high profile title so the industry keeps doing business as always. If something that cost 200 million isn't a 10/10 and maybe it flops, they may spend less money on gaming next time, and website advertising revenue won't be as high and we can't have that...too many nerds reviewing videogames on their sites depend on that revenue.

Not saying its not a great game, but nothing out there deserves a 10/10 across the board.