By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Trophies have nearly ruined gaming for me.

Tagged games:

I went from not caring at all to caring but I simply don't have time for the hard to get ones.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

I have over 40 platinum trophies yet I don't ever shoot for them on the first playthrough. Normally it's an extra that I shoot for when I revisit a game that adds some extra replay value. Of course in all the Sly games, the Walking Dead, and some others I got the platinum without even shooting for it because I'm a completionist by nature. They have pushed me to try harder modes on games which is a plus.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Kresnik said:
Yeah, I kinda hate them too.

If a game has trophies, I feel compelled to at least chase after the ones that are obtainable without massive amounts of effort. As opposed to just playing the game.

And I've discovered that I don't really care about trophies, as I have a blast playing PS1/PSP games on my Vita.

So yeah. I could do without them really. Some are fun though - like getting to Zone 75 on WipEout HD. I'd have never thought to do that if there hadn't been a trophy for it, but it provided me with a few weeks of entertainment trying to get it, actually.

Yeah I can see the good in them, its just that  like you I also feel compelled to at least have a stab at them even though I try not to care about them anymore.