By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFVII remake on the way? (AKA, the rumor that never dies!)

Anybody speak French?

http://www.play3-live.com/news-ps3-final-fantasy-7-sur-ps3-le-retour-de-la-vengeance-6547.html

According to a guy on GameSpot, this website claims that in the latest OPM, Hajime Tabata (director of Crisis Core) said that there's a good chance that a FFVII remake will happen when the workload of Nomura and/or Kitase goes down.

Was this really unexpected? :P

If we have a native Frenchmen in the house, or even a Quebecian or a nice Cajun from my neck of the woods, it would be really helpful, hehe.

Around the Network

Google translation:

The most persistent rumor since 2005 takes the stage, or more precisely, may soon no longer be.
In fact, Hajime Tabata, director of Crisis Core: FF VII, gave the magazine Official Playstation Magazine that "the possibility of a remake of Final Fantasy VII on PS3 could grow if the schedules of members of the development team original, as Kitase or Nomura, is liberated. "

This means, as already announced earlier that the development of Final Fantasy XIII and XIII Versus must first be completed before work on this remake can begin. 

la possibilité d'un remake de Final Fantasy VII sur PS3 pourrait grandir, si les calendriers des membres de l'équipe de développement originale, tels que Kitase ou Nomura, se libéraient."

The possibility of a remake of FFVII on PS3 grows when the originals members of FFVII development team like Kitase and Nomura are free (of have time for it).

But first they will finish for sure the developpement of FFXIII and FFXIII versus.

My theory is that they'll use the main FF13 team to make FF7, or atleast part of it.

The whole "FF13 spinoffs" thing is supposed to last for a while right? Seems like a break before FF14 would give the perfect oppurtunity to put a large effort towards a remake.

konnichiwa said:
la possibilité d'un remake de Final Fantasy VII sur PS3 pourrait grandir, si les calendriers des membres de l'équipe de développement originale, tels que Kitase ou Nomura, se libéraient."

The possibility of a remake of FFVII on PS3 grows when the originals members of FFVII development team like Kitase and Nomura are free (of have time for it).

But first they will finish for sure the developpement of FFXIII and FFXIII versus.

That's not really saying much.  It's kinda like saying "The possibility of me eating a turkey sandwhich grows the more hungry i get."

It's more likely, yet i could eat any number of other things.

Around the Network

My theory says...Before 2011 we will not have FFVII on PS3.

Kasz216 said:
konnichiwa said:

That's not really saying much.  It's kinda like saying "The possibility of me eating a turkey sandwhich grows the more hungry i get."

It's more likely, yet i could eat any number of other things.

Yups and I doubt Kitase and Nomura will be free to make that game (I can't believe that they will not work on other projects).

Is the general consensus that this game will come to the ps3? I figured after the Wii's take off, they'd have more Nintendo fans saying it would head their way.

I think it will hit the ps3 for three reasons:

1. From what I've seen, most fans want a graphical update moreso than a gameplay update, and that's the opposite of the Wii's MO.

2. Remember those tech demos of FFVII they made with the White Engine? Yeah, those aren't possible on the Wii. :P

3. Why divide the FF fan-base between two consoles? If the Japanese stick with the trend of adopting only one console, then most FF diehards will jump on the ps3 bandwagon because of FFXIII, and if FFVII then hits the Wii...well, I just don't think SE would do that. :P

Although, I still don't really believe the whole "Japanese people only buy one console per gen" thing. That's just what I've been told on here and other sites for quite a while.

Well, once Nomura finishes on FFXIII and versusXIII, he could easily go to either a FFVII remake or KH3 which is an equally large undertaking. I dont see any other big projects which he'd be needed on.

The remake of FFVII would be made alot easier because of a suitable engine already being created for the PS3...I guarantee that game would rape japan for a long while.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Bladeneo said:
Well, once Nomura finishes on FFXIII and versusXIII, he could easily go to either a FFVII remake or KH3 which is an equally large undertaking. I dont see any other big projects which he'd be needed on.

The remake of FFVII would be made alot easier because of a suitable engine already being created for the PS3...I guarantee that game would rape japan for a long while.

Yeah, development time for the game should be pretty quick.  The White Engine will have been fully optimized for the ps3 via FFXIII, and they already have the story, etc.