By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The best Super Mario (platformer) game

Tagged games:

Which is the best Super Mario game for you?

Super Mario Bros. 9 8.04%

Super Mario Bros. 2 0 0%

Super Mario Bros. 3 15 13.39%

Super Mario World 16 14.29%

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 4 3.57%

Super Mario 64 18 16.07%

Super Mario Sunshine 7 6.25%

Super Mario Galaxy 20 17.86%

Super Mario Galaxy 2 21 18.75%

Super Mario 3D Land 2 1.79%

Total:112
NightDragon83 said:
RCTjunkie said:

I loved every single one of the ones listed.

...except Yoshi's Island. Horribly overrated.

You couldn't handle partying with Fuzzy, could you?

Why expose my secret? :(

And it was the babies that turned me off from the game. 

Around the Network

Super Mario World is my favorite Mario game.

I truly love almost every game in the series, but others worth noting in particular (for various reasons):

Super Mario Bros. - one of the greatest games ever for its time.

Super Mario 64 - not the best Mario game, but probably the most awe-inspiring video game ever upon initial reaction.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - the most polished 3D Mario game.

New Super Mario Bros U - by far my favorite of the "New" series.

Super Mario Bros. 3 - a bit overrated, but a great game nonetheless.

Super Mario Sunshine - heavily flawed, but it still has its moments.

The Lost Levels (the real Super Mario Bros 2) - no sir, I didn't like it...

Super Mario Bros 2 (USA) - love it. I'm so glad we here in NA got this game instead of the true sequel. Love it or hate it, it introduced a whole new universe of characters and showed that a Mario sequel could at least feel new as opposed to an overly difficult expansion pack like The Lost Levels.

SMW2: Yoshi's Island - also kind of regarded as a black sheep, which is a shame since it's a true masterpiece. It still makes me smile to this day whenever I play it.

BasilZero said:
archbrix said:
Super Mario World is my favorite Mario game.

WHOA WHOA WHOA

I thought I was the only one!

Super Mario Galaxy (1 & 2) 3D best platformer of all time

Click HERE and be happy 

New super mario bros Wii U, since we could play it with our 3 year old 'helping' on the gamepad, priceless.

Around the Network

oh god I can't choose

AshKetchum1992 said:

Which is the best Super Mario game of all time for you?

My fight was against the barriers that kept Negroes out of baseball.Buy Final Fantasy XIV Gold This was the area where I found imperfection, and where I was best able to fight. And I fought because I knew it was not doomed to be a losing fight.WOW Gold-Runescape Gold

Super Mario 64.

Most are 'excellent', others are merely 'good'. Personally I feel Yoshi's Island is heavily underrated while Super Mario World is probably the most overrated game in the series. 64 wins easily in my book, it's pretty much the perfect game. Yoshi's Island is a good second, the best 2D side-scroller ever made.

I barely played Super Mario Bros. 2, so can't say much about it (and I won't include it in my list here). If you'd include the NSMB series, they would be below Super Mario World (NSMB>NSMB2>NSMBWii), with the exception of New Super Mario Bros. U, which would be at number 9 knocking Super Mario World down a spot. I also have Super Mario Land 1 and 2 on GameBoy, which I'd rank even below NSMB. Fun, but didn't care for them much. In fact, I think the best Mario on GameBoy is Super Mario Deluxe, which is an enhanced port of Super Mario Bros. from the NES. The 'excellence' comment stops after Galaxy 2, after that, they're 'good'.

1. Super Mario 64
2. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
3. Super Mario Bros. 3
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. Super Mario Galaxy 2
6. Super Mario 3D Land
7. Super Mario Bros.
8. Super Mario Sunshine
9. Super Mario World

Can't wait to find out where Super Mario 3D World will fall !

New Super Mario Bros. U is for me the ultimate experience ! Having played them all, the Wii version was the most disappointing ! The oldies are the best of course !!

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the greatest game of all time, let alone the greatest Mario game.

So yeah, I go with that one. VGChartz poll is backin' me uuuuup!