By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox One Might Be Out On November 8

whenever it comes out,I hope it does well.

Around the Network
Seece said:

September probably, like the Xbox 360.

Do you know what part of september they did that? And what was the type of announcement? IE press release, personal event, TGS. If its end of september i cant seeing it comming out begining of november

What about PAX next week? Perhaps they will do a launch date announcement then? - probably not.. just saw something about Sony going there bigtime, assuming ms are going.

To be honest I was slightly surprised by Sony's date (especially with people saying last week of Oct). I can only assume this is the date they feel they can get enough consoles made to not be in a situation where the small amount theyve made gets totally swallowed up by pre-orders. You want some on shelves at least. So perhaps they want a few more weeks which might mean another 500k in stores.

I was also surprised by the date because this is the date i thought MS would launch on... and by picking this date they are leaving a window before that open to picking. Of course Ms couldn't pick the week after because of Black Friday in the US... It's going to be interesting to see what date they do pick.. it's got to be a week or two earlier i feel.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

I guess PAX PRIME or TGS will be the place they'll announce it...

Madword said:
What about PAX next week? Perhaps they will do a launch date announcement then? - probably not.. just saw something about Sony going there bigtime, assuming ms are going.

To be honest I was slightly surprised by Sony's date (especially with people saying last week of Oct). I can only assume this is the date they feel they can get enough consoles made to not be in a situation where the small amount theyve made gets totally swallowed up by pre-orders. You want some on shelves at least. So perhaps they want a few more weeks which might mean another 500k in stores.

I was also surprised by the date because this is the date i thought MS would launch on... and by picking this date they are leaving a window before that open to picking. Of course Ms couldn't pick the week after because of Black Friday in the US... It's going to be interesting to see what date they do pick.. it's got to be a week or two earlier i feel.

PAX is in Microsoft's back yard, they'd definitely be attending.

Around the Network

11/8 would be REALLY tight on MS and developers imo, but if they don't want to launch on the same date as the PS4 (not sure why they wouldn't), I don't see any other choice.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

the-pi-guy said:
adriane23 said:
11/8 would be REALLY tight on MS and developers imo, but if they don't want to launch on the same date as the PS4 (not sure why they wouldn't), I don't see any other choice.

There'd be riots if it launched the same date.  Just think lining up at midnight with opposing fans of consoles.  Otherwise they do want to get the jump on them.  

Lol I'm imagining it, and that would probably be the lamest riot in the history of riots. Like if a Star Wars movie released the same day as a Star Trek movies. I would expect a lot of pasty-skinned bruises and broken glasses.

I am the Playstation Avenger.