By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox One Might Be Out On November 8

Kotaku

The PlayStation 4 is out in the US on November 15. The Xbox One? Well, it's looking like it could hit the market a week ahead of its competitor.P

While Microsoft is yet to officially announce the big day, and "release dates" on retailer sites are usually little more than window dressing, we've heard from someone a little closer to the launch that Microsoft is planning a November 8 release for its latest console.P

The source, who works for a marketing company that handles signage and product placement for retail giant Walmart, passed along what they say is an email for a company conference call that lists all the midnight openings the chain has planned.P

As you can see, alongside the big holiday games, and just before the PS4, is the Xbox One, at November 8. Note however that, unlike every other date listed, the Xbox One's lacks a "confirmed" status, suggesting Microsoft is yet to lock the date down.P

The fact it's not locked down of course means the day could change, but it also suggests it's a recent decision. Almost as though Microsoft were waiting for Sony to commit to a day before scheduling their own launch, in order to get the jump on the PS4...

http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-might-be-out-on-november-8-1204282442?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Around the Network

I thought the final version was already getting delayed due to further changes. Things could still be up in the air but I wouldn't doubt that as the intended launch date, probably for a long time going.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

That's good if true :)

Huh, that's the date I predicted. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=166607&page=1#6

You know what happened when the guy on gaf said the retailer he worked at had PS4 at Oct. 21st. It's now launching almost a month later than that. Hmm!!! Kidding, but I'm not sure if I believe it, but it's either gonna release on that date or a week later than the ps4 at the latest at least in the US.

Around the Network

I hope X1 is well received after being buried and covered with stones.

Never understood the obsession on either side for their console to launch mere weeks ahead of the competition. Would make virtually no difference. It's not like millions of people are going to suddenly pre-order cancel and jump ship. Even if they tried, good luck getting one before the other drops a little later.

nice leg up for xbone, wonder if it'll make a splash of a difference in sales?

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

the-pi-guy said:
Chark said:
I thought the final version was already getting delayed due to further changes. Things could still be up in the air but I wouldn't doubt that as the intended launch date, probably for a long time going.

Where did you hear that?

Cboat mostly, but there is talk he got bad info on that last leak.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

PureDante said:
nice leg up for xbone, wonder if it'll make a splash of a difference in sales?

it wont. the only thing that will limit these consoles sales is supply. the lauch dates are maximum 2 weeks apart, it really wont make a difference. it will all come down to supply