By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Hot Chips: Xbone Silicon (5b transistors, 363mm2, 8GB Flash, 1.31TFlops, 204GB/s peak BW)

Any surprises so far?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Any surprises so far?

from what I see Xbox one might use HSA after all, last week or so there were threads that HSA support might push the PS4 further ahead

Lafiel said:
Euphoria14 said:
Any surprises so far?

from what I see Xbox one might use HSA after all, last week or so there were threads that HSA support might push the PS4 further ahead

hUMA... not HSA.

And coherent shared memory <> hUMA.

so when the presentation is done can someone say if what has been said is good or bad cuz im lost lol

ethomaz said:
Lafiel said:
Euphoria14 said:
Any surprises so far?

hUMA... not HSA.

thats the same thing

Around the Network

Lafiel said:

thats the same thing

No. And coherent shared memory <> hUMA..

Once again, people crying like little girls of which system is stronger when neither system is out yet. LET THE GAMES SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES and see who's better. Enough of this crap of who's got the bigger penis. Gamers should be excited about the new systems coming out PERIOD, and be ready to enjoy this new coming rather than make a contest about it.

can't they show me a halo screenshot as surprise?

Copy&Paste GAF.

CSM (Coherent Shared Memory) is useful for multicore systems whereby they can all share the same location at once, so for example if 1 of the 8 cores changes the information in the memory location the other 7 cores are working using out of date information stored in their cache.

hUMA is basically so the CPU and GPU can share data between each other so the cpu doesnt have to copy the information to memory and the gpu copy it out, then copy it back to memory then the cpu can copy it out.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=78399749&postcount=64

ethomaz said:

Copy&Paste GAF.

CSM (Coherent Shared Memory) is useful for multicore systems whereby they can all share the same location at once, so for example if 1 of the 8 cores changes the information in the memory location the other 7 cores are working using out of date information stored in their cache.

hUMA is basically so the CPU and GPU can share data between each other so the cpu doesnt have to copy the information to memory and the gpu copy it out, then copy it back to memory then the cpu can copy it out.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=78399749&postcount=64

But of course we don't know if that person is right. Since someone already said he was wrong.