By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom's CEO tries to explain why Monster Hunter 4 is not on Vita

SxyxS said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Nem said:
Kyuu said:
Well let me say it for you then!

"Vita's microscopic install base"

Wich would turn gigantic with a Monster Hunter game.

Exactly. The vita version would outsell the 3ds version despite its 'microscopic install base'

no-but nintendo fears that the same could happenened with the wii vs the ps3.

In the beginning wii dominated the ps3 in any way but was buried in the end by the ps3 because of ps3's superior hardware.

They know that monster hunter on vita can create a momentum and people may abandon the 3ds in favour of the vita(they did the same with dragon quest though dragon quest sold best on ps2)

Right. That's totally what happened.

Yep. Remember how people abandoned the DS for PSP when it got MH?

You have a really delusional view on history and the reality of things.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
RolStoppable said:
the_dengle said:

Did Sony have to buy Final Fantasy from Square?

They did.

I'd love to hear a Sony fan say that.

Personally I don't care, but I doubt that Nintendo flat-out paid Capcom for Monster Hunter. That's the sort of business transaction that most of the big publishers understand, the sort of thing that acquires good third-party support for a console maker. Something that Nintendo doesn't have.

They did. But given the 18 month launch gap between the two consoles and some of Nintendo's poor design choices with the N64, I doubt they would have had to pay much.

I believe Nintendo did flat-out pay Capcom for Monster Hunter 4. I'd love to hear a Nintendo fan say that.

brendude13 said:

They did. But given the 18 month launch gap between the two consoles and some of Nintendo's poor design choices with the N64, I doubt they would have had to pay much.

I believe Nintendo did flat-out pay Capcom for Monster Hunter 4. I'd love to hear a Nintendo fan say that.

Nintendo did flat-out pay Capcom for Monster Hunter 4.

Sucks, doesn't it?

morenoingrato said:
brendude13 said:

Nintendo did flat-out pay Capcom for Monster Hunter 4.

Sucks, doesn't it?

You're a Microsoft fan.

To all the people saying Nintendo cut them a deal: Where's your proof? To me it seems they're going where the install base is, with little brand loyalty involved.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Anari said:
SxyxS said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Nem said:
Kyuu said:
Well let me say it for you then!

"Vita's microscopic install base"

Wich would turn gigantic with a Monster Hunter game.

Exactly. The vita version would outsell the 3ds version despite its 'microscopic install base'

no-but nintendo fears that the same could happenened with the wii vs the ps3.

In the beginning wii dominated the ps3 in any way but was buried in the end by the ps3 because of ps3's superior hardware.

They know that monster hunter on vita can create a momentum and people may abandon the 3ds in favour of the vita(they did the same with dragon quest though dragon quest sold best on ps2)

Right. That's totally what happened.

Yep. Remember how people abandoned the DS for PSP when it got MH?

You have a really delusional view on history and the reality of things.

OMG-how old are you.5 ?

The DS was the absolutely dominating handheld .Nintendo had a 100% monopol in handheld gaming and they have lost significant market share to the psp because of 2 reasons:monster hunter and hardware specs.Yes people started abandoning the DS because of the psp but the handheld market was growing at that time and guys like you won't realise this because of that but nintendo did.You can't expect that people will abandon a handheld company that has dominated the handhelds for decades but losing 1/3 of market is a very strong beginning.

A that time nintendo had one special selling point superior to the psp:the touch screen.This time there is no such special selling point:there was just:better software vs better hardware and the possibility to lose

Nintendo knew what happened when Square left Nintendo with anger because restrictive module policies that have ruined many companies in the 90ies.After Square abandoned them and ff7 was exclusivly released on psx nintendos market share dropped from 85% to sub 30% in the times of n64.The main reason for this shift was final fantasy.Nintendo is 100% aware of this.With monster hunter they just played the final fantasy game the opposite way .(take away the system seller and the system won't sell )

btw-you can see a similar thing happening with consoles.EA has abandoned Wii U while at the same time they are pushing their games for the xbox with some exclusiv deals.As result of this strategy you will see that the xbox1will outsell the wii u 3:1 within 3 years.

The situation can't be compared 1:1 with the 3ds/vita situation as Wii U has still some strong brands to be released but nintendo will lose lots of market share in the console market.

This is like the third time this thread has been posted.

Locking.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Conegamer said:
To all the people saying Nintendo cut them a deal: Where's your proof? To me it seems they're going where the install base is, with little brand loyalty involved.

You seem to be forgetting that Monster Hunter 4 was announced during the time period when the 3DS was performing pretty poorly, and the more capable PS Vita was a few months from launching off the back of the "still-hot shit" PSP, and Sony and Capcom had a great relationship when it came to Monster Hunter.

Then there's the unexplained absence of Monster Hunter games on non-Nintendo platforms for the past 2 years.

And I'm guessing they went where the install base was when they launched Monster Hunter for the Wii U?

EDIT: I didn't dodge the thread lock, honest.