By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that deserve the HD Remake (or, My excuse to talk about SoTC More)

So, although the title suggests that I want to talk about Shadow of the Colossus (when do I ever not), this is an open topic to discuss ANY game you think deserves an HD remake.

Shadow of the Colossus was ahead of its time. The PS2, arguably, wasn't powerful enough to chugg out this gorgeous and massive game with a high and consistent framerate. This may have hindered the experience for some, but of course I loved every minute of this game, and would absolutely kill for a HD remake. 

In case you don't know, not all the Colossi made it in the final cut. I believe they removed about 3 or 4 of them, but I'm not sure. If they were to remake SotC, I would want them to update the textures, make it run smoother, and include the other Colossi that didn't make it in the original. I'd pay a C note easy to get my hands on this on the PS3.

What other games do you think deserve an HD remake?

Yes, you can still say FFVII, although it's been run into the ground ...

Around the Network

FFVII

Personally? FFIX. The best FF since VI , and still my favourite of the series.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

FFVII

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

I think OOT would be amazing. Yes I know TP on GC was practically just that...but OOT exactly the same as it was 10 years ago...just upgraded graphically, and musically perhaps.

That would be amazing.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I think a remake of Earthbound making all the characters look like claymation would be cool, like they looked in the strategy guide if anyone happenned to get that. I know it's a strange one but I just thought I'd give you a non FF answer to keep you from being driven insane ^^

edit: ahh Ben gave you a non FF one before me....guess your sanity is insured 

Remake theme hospital...ive been on it for 3 days straight since they released it on the PS store...bloody bloaty heads.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Look at avatar!

Yeah I had to break the FF trend hehe.

Also...Zombies Ate My Neighbors. I saw that someone was making a somewhat 3D remake...but to be honest it looked crappy...a nice effort at least. But a sort of Shadowgrounds-looking, top-down angled ZAMN in 3D would rock hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Super Mario 64

That would be mind blowing.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!