By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Request: Tiny flag of poster's country beside their name

Good ideas. I really do want online/offline indicator.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music
Around the Network

Yeah Flags are a good idea

Yes. It's always disappointing when I get someone's FC, only to find out that they're from Austrailia or something.

This sounds like a great idea. This is a great international site and the flags would give the site a great international feel to it.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
iclim4 said:
I would also like to request an online offline indicator.
it doesnt need to take much space.
maybe a small green dot(light) to indicate that the person is online and a small red dot to indicate that the person is offline.

That's a really good idea, hopefully it's implemented.

Around the Network

Great idea.

@Bladeno... You realise you live in Britain, if you are old enough you have a British passport, not an English one. England is not a country.

That being said, I don't like the Union Jack either. Personally I'd have the EU flag because I am considerably more proud to be European than British (or English).

Good idea. But then I'd have to decide between St Piran's flag (Cornwall), St George's flag (England) and the Union flag (Britain). Can I have all three?! Perhaps US people could have the Stars and Stripes plus their state flag and so on for each country. It'd be particularly good if people could upload their own then they could choose what they feel is most relevant to their own identity regardless of where they live.

Legend11 said:
What's wrong with the British flag? Most people wouldn't know the other flag.

Wow... I feel ignorant right now. I didn't realize they had different flags... (no sarcasm)

Can someone post a pic of the English flag? I've never seen it. I'd go google it, but I can't be the only one who doesn't know and not everyone feels like googling everytime they don't know something.

Currently playing: Civ 6

The English flag is the St. George Cross, which is a red cross on a white background.

The Union Jack is the combination of the English flag, the Scottish flag and the flag of Northern Ireland. (the Scottish being a white X [not a cross, an 'X'] on blue, and the N.Irish flag being a red X on white)

TWRoO said:
Great idea.

@Bladeno... You realise you live in Britain, if you are old enough you have a British passport, not an English one. England is not a country.

That being said, I don't like the Union Jack either. Personally I'd have the EU flag because I am considerably more proud to be European than British (or English).

That all depends on the context; England IS deemed to be a constituent country, therefore I consider it a country.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey.