By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A quick next gen performance analysis, 3 months before launch.

Which console and why?

PS4, launch line up 65 30.95%

Xbox 1, launch line up 35 16.67%

PS4, because you prefer Sony consoles 90 42.86%

Xbox 1 because you prefer Microsoft consoles 11 5.24%

Both 9 4.29%

Total:210

Hello all. Long time no see. Just figured I would give a quick analysis of some sales / trends Im seeing 3 months out from launch.

Playstation 4 

- Still carrying significant momentum and general good will from the core community. Sony really have provided a hone run in PR.

- $399 is huge (obviously)

- Debatable weak launch lineup is slowing a bit of the hype.

- Vast majority of consumers are unaware Sony will be charging for on line play

- Software winners: Killzone 4, Infamous Second Son, Ghosts, BF4, AC, Watch Dogs, Destiny

- Software Losers: Knack, Driveclub

Xbox 1

- Brand has been tarnished in the core community and even a bit in the general audience

- MS has made significant gains in getting momentum back but is still trailing.

- Strong lineup is actually causing some PS4 cancels / rolls

- Need to improve PR and their message still. They have lost some consumers that arent coming back.

- $499 is brutal. Consumers not happy.

Software winners: Ghosts, Watch Dogs, BF4, Assassins Creed, Dead Rising, Ryse, Forza, Titanfall, Destiny

Software Losers: None yet.

Around the Network

how are "Knack" and "Driveclub" software losers? i'm just asking

lxhizy said:

he wroks at gamestop, so its surely about sales

lxhizy said:

Numbers dont lie

Could certainly improve of course.

lxhizy said:

I'm guessing they aren't getting a lot of pre orders? 

Around the Network

You can't just randomly put games into winners and losers categories, that is just your own opinion. Quite frankly, I think Dead Rising looks rubbish and many people think the same of Ryse.

Also, I am 90% sure that most people buying new consoles this year are going to have mostly mutliplatform line ups. This is mostly meaningless conjecture

Thanks for the heads up Ben!

Ben how accurate do you think the VGC pre order numbers are? For instance, Killzone has 140k pre orders. Are you seeing a lot of interest for that game? I mean Killzone 3 had 170k pre orders at launch and Shadow Fall already has 140K and it's still 21 weeks till it launches.

Munkeh111 said:
You can't just randomly put games into winners and losers categories, that is just your own opinion. Quite frankly, I think Dead Rising looks rubbish and many people think the same of Ryse.

Also, I am 90% sure that most people buying new consoles this year are going to have mostly mutliplatform line ups. This is mostly meaningless conjecture

Numbers. Not opinions........

The software winners and losers are in order of selling units???