By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will there be any 3rd party million sellers in 2008?

Do you think there will be any 3rd party games released for the Wii in 2008 that will reach a million in sales by Jan. 2009?

Around the Network

KH3 has a shot at it

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

hard to say, i think its very likely given the size of the wii install base.

the wii is incapable of selling third party software. therefore, just like last year, no publisher will sell 1M units of software on the wii even when you combined all games that publisher released over the entire year. that's a fact you should bet on.

Well, yes. It's kind of obvious. Here goes:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 might have a chance if Japan supports it.
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles both versions
Alone in the Dark 5
Dragon Quest: Swords: easy: already sold 500k in Japan.
Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk
Monster Hunter 3 might make 2 million in Japan alone
Red Steel 2 if released soon enough
Fatal Frame 4 also if released soon enough

And many others that I forgot or that are yet to be announced.

Around the Network

yes i think theyre will be some that come to mind are tales of symphonia,final fantasy and star wars

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

games that i think have a chance

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 - Konami
SEGA Superstars Tennis - Sega
Rock Band - MTV Games

Also, I'm sure there will be other games announced either at GDC or E3 that will sell a million. Plus I'm sure there are a couple sleeper hits that will make it.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Guitar Hero IV will be million seller too ;)

Choice is yours

Of course there will. It's rather stupid to think otherwise. The market leading system will not get a 3rd party 1m seller... sure...

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

There have been 6 third party games on the Wii so far to reach a million. It's pretty much a given that we'll see at least as many this year. There are at least 3-4 pretty certain ones in this thread, and undoubtedly many we haven't heard of yet. The Wii will probably have a lot of surprisingly well selling games come out of nowhere, due to the unpredictable user base and short development times.