By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Puppeteer, Knack Priority Over The Last Guardian Development

Tagged games:

Puppeteer, Knack Priority Over The Last Guardian Development

Is this a PlayStation 4 game?

Sony's Japan Studio is, after putting it on hiatus, continuing development of The Last Guardian. "It's under earnest development," SCE's Fumito Ueda told Famitsu.

"However, SCE Japan Studio, who's working on The Last Guardian, also has titles like Puppeteer and Knack, and those are only the ones currently announced. Those are taking priority right now."

Puppeteer is scheduled for a September 10 release date with Knack following on November as it launches with PlayStation 4, which is available for pre-order.

If you're feeling particularly speculative, you could infer that this means The Last Guardian is now a PlayStation 4 game. Time will tell.

Via: Polygon

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/21/puppeteer-knack-priority-over-the-last-guardian-development

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

Do you think this game got the Versus XIII to XV treatment and transferred to PS4? Or do you think otherwise? Is Sony saving it for strategic purposes? (bombshell drop at the right time)

And Im quite sure Puppeteer will flop :(

They need to get their shit together before releasing TLG so I don't mind.

think-man said:

It probably will, but it is my kind of game so I'm definiely buying it early. I hope it does well though. We need diverse games like this.

Around the Network

That's how Japan Studio works. All games are started by small teams but everyone works on titles that are near to release. Knack and Puppeteer are right around the corner so most people will be helping there.

its a PS5 game, trust me

They might actually sell and will probably get finished

think-man said:

I was really annoyed sony didn't give it one last push at gamescon, I'm pretty sure they didn't even feature it.

Again, I think its success is completely dependant on its reviews. Also because of its low entry price we'll see a high percentage of digital sales which won't be accounted for on the charts.