By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Phil Harrison: Xbox One Will Never Come Without Kinect

ethomaz said:
Oh God... some time after this guy says something, the opposite happens.

180?

Ethomaz is wrong as always.

Around the Network
Figgycal said:
ethomaz said:
Oh God... some time after this guy says something, the opposite happens.

180?

Ethomaz is wrong as always.

And won't appologize, the prick.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Classic Phil Harrison..

What he was really thinking

DonFerrari said:

Well even on X1 or PS4 the person could be basically fully digital and barely won't miss a game.

In a PSNow way some people would go digital. But even tough they put it cheaper we will always worry what about they take it out of air, like the servers of a lot of MP games.

exactly. Im really not seeing how an all digital console will benefit anyone

Microsoft: Kings of the 180, back pedal, hand stand.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

Nice bump, mandatory i would say.

More mandatory than the kinect at least...

vkaraujo said:
Nice bump, mandatory i would say.

More mandatory than the kinect at least...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Gold Bump!

oniyide said:
DonFerrari said:

Well even on X1 or PS4 the person could be basically fully digital and barely won't miss a game.

In a PSNow way some people would go digital. But even tough they put it cheaper we will always worry what about they take it out of air, like the servers of a lot of MP games.

exactly. Im really not seeing how an all digital console will benefit anyone

Rethorical question. Why would a ms fanboy say a ms initiative would be great for gamers? Can change ms to any other company.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

oniyide said:

look at DonFerrari's response. its way more than internet speeds. Not alot of people are going to plunk down teh same money for a digital copy of a game than the retail and MS was never going ot have the price of them cheaper, or any console really. Hell the video game industry is the only one ive seen where physical and digital are the same prices as long as that stands it will never go full digital. 

Matter of fact what is the benefit of a all digital machine? Hell if anyone really wanted to they can go all digital NOW they never have to pick up another physical copy if they choose too. And that just doesnt go for PCs

Yes, the games would still be the same price initially, for the first couple years that would have to be the case. But eventually that would change. Xbox going all digital would make retail less relevant and you would see publishers and other console makers untether themselves from retail until they no longer feel duty bound to offer games at the same price. At the very least I think they would drop the prices faster and more significantly.

The real benefit of an all digital console would be more for the industry as a whole. Publishers have been decrying used games for years. The smart ones will welcome digital and use it as an opportunity to undercut gamestop by offering better deals for games and maybe digital game rentals as well. Microsoft would probably not beat playstation in market share if they went all digital but they could still retain a large portion of their fanbase. I don't think it would be a deal breaker for most gamers. Prior to E3 2013 the xbox brand was strong enough to convert atleast 75% of its fanbase to all digital.