By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Your fondest moment of videogames! super fun thread!

i was thinking about a single moment in my video gaming life that stands out the most. For me it has to be the first time I played super mario 64, yes I know that it wasnt the first 3d games but it was the first 3d game i played. i remember the morning going round my friends house on the way to school. 'i got something to show you' he said and out came a bloody n64!!! omg omg! so we decided not to go school that day. lucky hes parents were out! Anyway the words 'itsa me mario!' will stay with me for as long as i live. We must have spent a gd hour just running around outside the castle, this was brilliant and I knew from that moment that id never look at video games the same way again! The reason why I suddenly thought about this was cuz id just downloaded mario 64 on my wii. Oh happy days!

So id be grateful if everybody else could share there special moments. cheers!!

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Around the Network

Shadow of the Colossus:

Climbing on the first beast and hearing the music pick up pace. My heart started pumping, eyes widened, jaw dropped. It was epic. Completely changed the way I thought about videogames.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

jman8 said:

Shadow of the Colossus:

Climbing on the first beast and hearing the music pick up pace. My heart started pumping, eyes widened, jaw dropped. It was epic. Completely changed the way I thought about videogames.

I would say that entire game had a similar effect on me. There are quite a few others i can think of but in terms of total package that game is hard to beat.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

I don't think I'll ever experience that kind of 'WOW' impact when I first saw the 3D graphics of Ridge Racer, toshinden. I was a young kid and the evolve of video game hardware was HUGE back then. SNES~PS1 era was the shit...

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

It must be the first time I played Quake online, I was dead scared, the hand on my mouse was shaking, I walked along carrying my Rocket Luncher down a hallway near the windmill thing.... I heard a nose and turned around as fast as I could - shooting the wall a couple of times and then died, you never forget your first time :) It was back in days of dial up modems and doing anything more then collecting email was banned in my house, so I had to play it in secret, great fun :) Q95.exe will always be remembered fondly.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Around the Network

Don't laugh,(its an old one) Bionic Commando I would like to see capcom remake this game on the Wii with the remote for the bionic arm!!!! anyone else agree?

Xenogears, the first time you face the "demon" gear.  I had pumped up my guys considerably, and attempted to proceed to use a massive combo on him.  He laughed and knocked my guy for a loop. >.< Then your friends jump in, dropping their big "sand cruiser" right on top of him to try to save my guy.  They all start laughing at how crazy it was when the sand cruiser starts shaking, and bending right in the middle of the hull as the "demon gear" just starts picking it up off of himself.  Combined with some of the creepiest moody music I've ever heard in a game, I just got chills.  Then the "demon" controlling the gear says "I don't want it, you take it back" and proceeds to throw the cruiser on top of your guy. 0.o  Then the screen fades black right before it lands.  To make things worse you don't find out what happens for quite a while. >.<  For me it was sheer torture.

My #1 all-time favorite game, plenty of great moments in it. :) 

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Two moments come to mind:

The first time I saw Mario fly in Mario 64 - I've played all the Marios and although he flew in Super Mario World, seeing him fly in glorious 3D just about brought a tear in my eye. I've seen Mario evolve through the years and when I started collecting the coins in that aerial spiral stage it just felt like Mario - my boy - grew up. Sappy but true.

Doom2 and the Baron of Hell - 4:30AM: the labyrinth (forget the level) where I was completely lost, depleted of most of my health, and with no more medikits, I went searching for the exit and stumbled upon a door which I opened - and there he was. I ran away, but everywhere I went could hear his footsteps and growl as he hunted me down. Since I had no idea where to go, it was pitch black and he was just downright frightening, I was scared $hitless to the point where I simply hit the power button on my PC. No exiting the game, no reloading, just turned the damn thing off. That was the only time I was ever so scared in a game in my life.

I'm sure there are many more moments, but these just popped into my mind.

Ocarina of Time, Link's sword stabbing into Ganon's skull.

Panzer Dragoon on the Sega Saturn.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.