This comes from fanboy fantasy world here, but if all the rumored/hinted events occured without flaw, would you non-PS3 owners cave in and buy a PS3?
1. PS3 "Slim" was released with smaller design, bigger HDD, and software BC for only $299.
2. Home and In-Game XMB allowed for integration and achievements both on classic gamercard style and in the virtual home world with trophies.
3. HD DVD concedes victory to BD and all HD releases are on BD. DVR ability is released for reasonable price.
4. Sony store adds movies/music to downloadable content.
5. MGS4,LBP,KZ2,FF,GT5, InFamous, and White Knight Story all turn out to be as solid as they are hyped up to be. (ooops and Resistance) AND all made it within the 2008 calendar.
6. Ports are equal on both the 360 and PS3.
7. Came with rumble controller.
8. And KH3 was announed for PS3 (maybe as exclusive, maybe not.)
Would this be enough to make you purhase a PS3? Or has Sony ruined any interest by releasing it initially at such a high price point?
Now please dont come in here and say "ZOOOOOOOOMG WONT HAPPEN!", because most likely it won't work out so nicely. However if it did occur this way, would you be willing to buy a PS3?