By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fifa 14 coming with xbox one pre-order, will this win over Europe?

Carl2291 said:
Nope.

PS4 with FIFA is still cheaper.

Xbox with FIFA is not the same as FIFA with PS4 which makes this argument pretty stupid. Not you Carl2291

Around the Network
eFKac said:
Machiavellian said:
eFKac said:
DJEVOLVE said:
eFKac said:
Nope, it won't, unless they want to wait to play the game until spring, but I think if they are willing to wait, they are already convinced to get the Xbone.

So you think everyone buys games day one and why would they wait until spring?  didn't you mean winter?

As Kratos already pointed out. This will be available in selected markets, partially as a sort of an "apology" for the late launch. For example, in my country the biggest gaming site speculated that the Xbone will be available as soon as spring, maybe even as late as May-June. That's a big middle finger to the Polish gamers and I don't think Fifa will convince anyone but the already convinced to wait that long.

In the EU people waited a whole year for the PS3, if you want to talk about a middle finger but most of the people over there forgave Sony pretty quick.  I believe people will be able to do the same if the X1 has the game and features you want.  If it truly releases that late then you just have a better time evaluating if the console has what you want much better.

Lol no, they have not waited a year since PS3' launch was not intended to release in 2005 like the Xbox, so it wasn't a middle finger, MS now chooses to delay the Polish launch, theywaited almost 5 months though, that combined with a price advantage was in my opinion a significant reason why 360 was a success in Europe.

PS. And instead of evaluating, I would rather do what I enjoy, so playing games on my PS4.

Whether the PS3 was suppose to release in 2005 is not the question.  It released in the US and Japan first then released 5months later in the EU.  In other words, Sony did not respect the EU market more than Japan and the US but you still forgave Sony.  This is fact you can pretty much look it up.  PS3 released March 23 2007 in EU while it released in Japan November 10 2006 and US the 17th.  MS on the other hand released in EU, Japan and US at the same time treating EU has an equal.

PS.  As a gamer, I would buy the system with the games I want.  Whether its PS4, X1, PS3, Vita, DS, PC, Ipad you name it.  I do not care about the fanboy, corporation love.  What I care about is games and if a system has the games I want, it will see my money.

Lol no, Euro Fifa players will not shift to xbox, even if the xbox was cheaper than PS4.

DJEVOLVE said:
Nem said:
DJEVOLVE said:

You don't think MS has figured this out.

Are you saying they will sponsor the champions league? If they did it would be a master move.

Why not, if I was MS, I would make a power move like this. Expecially if your going to have exclusive content from FIFA. They need to show all the fans why they should buy XBOX ONE. I'm sure they get this.

If there is a contract in place your post is irrelevant. Money won't break it. Is there a contract with Sony? I'm sure it had to be like a 5 year deal or so. 

Turkish said:
Lol no, Euro Fifa players will not shift to xbox, even if the xbox was cheaper than PS4.

Well, the gap in Europe is less than a million (4.22 mil <> 3.28 mil) so a lot of people are already playing Fifa on Xbox...

Around the Network

EA are just giving the game away so they can justify their unprecedented support to the board lol. They will cliam these as sales no doubt about it.

Doesn't matter, if European's choose the X1 version over the PS4, they clearly had no intention of getting a PS4. But the price is irrelevant. No one will be talking about the price two years from now.

& was the PS3 $600 When it released over in EU?

No but it will help them a bit

Serious fans can get there typical Fifa experience cheaper with the PS4 despite the game coming free to Xbox One

The typical Fifa fan probably wont care or go crazy over a camera pumping up the price

I guess it depends on if they want the exclusive legends content that comes with Xbox One but even that will eventually come to PS4

Cobretti2 said:
EA are just giving the game away so they can justify their unprecedented support to the board lol. They will cliam these as sales no doubt about it.

M$ are almost certainly buying it from them, so they should definitely count it as actual sales.

Anyway, i think it it a very good move. The problem is most hardcore fans get twitchy by the start of October. If I was on the fence, I can see how it would push the decision towards the Xbox One. With prices for games likely to be ~£45 a PS4 + FIFA 14 will probably come to £395, ie £35 cheaper than the Xbox One. For people who have existing gold subscriptions you can see how this might encourage them to stay on "the same team"