By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LEO-J prediction: IF PS4 launches in OCTOBER, PS4 WILL GO TO #1 BY THE END OF 2013

S.T.A.G.E. said:
cheesecake said:

are you saying that just because those are problems with the WiiU now they won't ever improve? yeah right.

Nintendo held themselves back for the most part on offerings, but for the people were looking for a new console and had to choose between the 360 and PS3 they just couldnt tell the difference and could not match the offerings. Perhaps they'll get those people later but their marketshare will grow as new games come out. Pachter himself has said that Nintendo is going to profit but they will be behind the PS4 and Xbox by a large margin.

why the fuck are you listening to Pachter exactly?

Around the Network

I very much doubt it. PS4 will probably sell out at launch, but I don't think they'll ship more than 4m units.

That said, I don't think WiiU will make it to 7m+ like some predict here either.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Troll_Whisperer said:
I very much doubt it. PS4 will probably sell out at launch, but I don't think they'll ship more than 4m units.

That said, I don't think WiiU will make it to 7m+ like some predict here either.

I was thinking 5-6, but people seem to think 7-8 is more realistic. There's a guy saying 10 mil. I don't see it for the Wii U.

cheesecake said:

why the fuck are you listening to Pachter exactly?

Why are you getting angry? The reason why I am listening to what Pachter is saying, based on Nintendos natural demand without major third party support and just plugging away based on first party. First party alone is not it. You need to have great first party first (this is obviously covered), healthy second party and have a wealth of third party. Nintendo duringt he GC era and N64 era should've learned from this problem, but they didnt. They no longer have Rare and Microsoft now enjoys the IP's Rare made while partnered with Nintendo. Nintendo has to supplement outside variety with their first party with companies like Monolith (now first party), Platinum and Sega now. The Natural bases between all parties were covered during the SNES era and that was the last generation. They've had a void still to this day that has yet to be filled.

^Don't listen to Pachter.

Around the Network
Figgycal said:
^Don't listen to Pachter.

Don't worry, I don't but this time he actually made some sense. Sometimes he does make valid statements, especially about Sonys Vita, which is bordering on dead in the water.

It's possible.

It's just that simple.

cheesecake said:
leo-j said:
Zero999 said:

WII U kept ITSELF at bay by not having the games to make a purchase worth. ps360 had little to no influence on wii u's low sales.

Wii U being nintendo's entry to the current gen on the visual level, and innovation level is what killed it

"killed it" eh? the damn thing hasn't been out for a damn year and you anti-Nintendo people are already saying it's dead. is the PS3 dead too? because that needed 2 damn years for it to pick up.

Because when the PS3 was at its absolute worst AND hadn't even launched in EU, yet, it wasn't performing as poorly as the WII U is.  Then you have the fact that the Wii U is now confirmed to be the cheapest entry price for this gen (by $100), but that still isn't peaking much interest from the gaming masses.  I think what we are going to see in the future, in terms of sales, is another N64/Gamecube for Nintendo, with sales ~30M-40M.  Not God awful, but it surely isn't going to be winning the gen.

@ OP

Well, this could turn out to be correct IF Sony can meet demand.  I think the best Nintendo can hope for at the end of the year, especially without a price cut, is 6M.  Though, I think it will be closer to 5.5M.  Personally, I think the PS4 will end up at ~4M for the end of the year.  I think next year, around March, is a much safer bet of when the PS4 will pass the Wii U.

thismeintiel said:

Because when the PS3 was at its absolute worst AND hadn't even launched in EU, yet, it wasn't performing as poorly as the WII U is.  Then you have the fact that the Wii U is now confirmed to be the cheapest entry price for this gen (by $100), but that still isn't peaking much interest from the gaming masses.  I think what we are going to see in the future, in terms of sales, is another N64/Gamecube for Nintendo, with sales ~30M-40M.  Not God awful, but it surely isn't going to be winning the gen.

yeah, we'll see.

NIntendo made the most profit in the GC era btw

cheesecake said:
thismeintiel said:

yeah, we'll see.

NIntendo made the most profit in the GC era btw

Definitely, but they kept their specs low. Remember, DVD's were expensive at that time and Sony made it affordable for the masses to use DVD's. Sony had lesser graphics, but the DVD player increased the cost per console. After Microsoft found out they had a DVD Player in the PS2 they followed suit. Nintendo took zero commercial risk with costs.