By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Video Games Vs. Woman

So, what I've experienced is when you're dating someone you don't get to play video games so much, and you see so many great RPG's just fly past you because you haven't got the time to play them, you tend debate with yourself, would you rather be spending time with her, or kickin some ass in an epic RPG?
Usually I'd think I'd rather be chilling to a game at least some of the time, usually that's later in the relationship when the initial flare dies down like normal.

But then when you lose the woman, I didn't care for video games, I just wanted the woman back blah blah blah, anyone experienced that?

It's great to find a balance, I bought a DS for my ex to get her into games so I could play my games whilst she played hers, it worked for a while, most chics dig the concept of Harvest Moon, never met a girl that I couldn't persuade to play it, however the best balance I've ever found is when I first met my ex (The very early days) she used to literally give me a blow job for hours on end whilst I played Final Fantasy XII, and she loved it, best memories of my life.

Anyone got a miss's that despises you playing games when they're around? Or got a decent balance happening?

Around the Network

Most of my exs don't play video game, they would recognize Mario. So whenever I spend time with them, it'd be a break from my games.

I happen to like the separation, so I don't feel like I'm stuck with video games all bloody day long.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

My girlfriend happens to love games,so for me it all works out....only problem is she doesnt care much for final fantasy....yeah

@kingofwale

I intially meant if you live with them, it's easy to have a balance if you don't live with them.

So far they are two separated worlds... but I don't live with her :P

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

>I intially meant if you live with them, it's easy to have a balance if you don't live with them.

lol, gotcha, Although at my age, I can't imagine living with any of my exs. they are just way immature.. and if go by the short amount of 'vacationing' time we had, we'd never get ANYTHING done. if you catch my drift. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Well, my wife likes to play Dr. Mario and Super Mario World and other NES/SNES games, but no PC, no Wii, no RPGs, Not the PS3, nothing else, really. So basically, while she spends her time watching her shows on TV, I play on the computer. We hang out plenty, but sometimes we just need our space, adn that's when I play video games. Sadly, I can't imagine right now putting 50 hours into a good RPG anytime in the near future...though I _will_ be putting too much time into Spore, Fallout 3, Starcraft 2 and Little Big World when they come out.

Basically, you have to find a happy medium, and you have to find a woman who understands that video games are not a complete waste of time.

Oh, and stand up for yourself, or you'll never be able to play. That being said, damnit, when you have kids, if you're that a-hole who plays 8 hours a day after coming home from work without helping with the kid like my friend's baby's dad used to do, I will find you and kick your ass.

My wife hates most games but loves the Wii Sports one. She also enjoyed the horse racing game on the PS2, as well as Burnout crashes and playing Rock Band.

I review games a lot, so I end up spending a lot of time on the console. She doesn't like and lets me know it. However, in the end, as long as I spend QT with the fam, she's cool.

Give and take - that's all it is. Besides - I have an entire room dedicated to my small biz and my video games!

I don't have a GF or wife or anything like that, but I am very impressed with you Art.

I've never met a girl that would do THAT while I was playing the game. And moreso, I don't even know if I'd even be able to be focused while playing a game if THAT was going on.

But back on topic: No. Most girls I know or hang out with don't even know about video games, or don't care for that matter. Actually, this one girl I knew used to love playing Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories on my PSP while we hung out.

My wife loves all those puzzle games on the DS, She specially likes Cooking Mama.
On the wii she regularly plays Wii sports, she said that helps her to release the stress. Thanks to MArio Galaxy we play together. So I will say that we both enjoy videogames. And for the Xbox 360, she doesn't like it, so I have to go to bed with her until she fall sleep, then I can go and play.

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989