By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mid Month "Games with Gold" game - DEAD RISING 2.

Tagged games:

MoHasanie said:
smbu2000 said:
Well I guess they are keeping the games that are included with Games with Gold different in Japan.
The free game download at the moment is Resident Evil: Code Veronica HD.

I got this as well. 

What region are you in that you got code veronica?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
NobleTeam360 said:
The first game I've enjoyed and haven't played with games with gold. I hope September has some great games.

Halo 3 is still on the schedule the rest is a mystery I hope they extend this beyond X1's launch.

I'd take a wild guess and say Halo3 will be on the second part of Sept. would make it exactly 6 years since the game launched. could make a deal about it's 6th birthday on Xbl and have specials on it's map packs too.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
MoHasanie said:
smbu2000 said:
Well I guess they are keeping the games that are included with Games with Gold different in Japan.

I got this as well. 

I'm in the UAE. 

I just searched if it was banned and it appears to be banned in this country and Germany. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
ganoncrotch said:
MoHasanie said:
smbu2000 said:

I got this as well. 

I'm in the UAE. 

I just searched if it was banned and it appears to be banned in this country and Germany. 

How could you ban Frank West?! He's filmed wars you know!

Edit - you kinda missing out a bit here tho, code veronica hd holds just 67% on metacritic so I think the rest of the world gets a slightly better zombie killing deal.

ganoncrotch said:

Edit - you kinda missing out a bit here tho, code veronica hd holds just 67% on metacritic so I think the rest of the world gets a slightly better zombie killing deal.

Yes I know :( . 

I really wanted to play Dead Rising 2 since Wright has talked so much about it. I was however able to download Dead Rising case Zero for free! :D . 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
ganoncrotch said:

Yes I know :( . 

I really wanted to play Dead Rising 2 since Wright has talked so much about it. I was however able to download Dead Rising case Zero for free! :D . 

odd so you can see the prequel and the events leading up to the game but the game itself is banned, bit nuts.

was looking at metacritic a bit more after seeing Veronicas score cos I remember that being pretty cool and liked when it came out on the Dreamcast and ps2 and yeah those versions of the game are in the mid to high 80s, Did they mess up its HD conversion like Silent Hill or are reviewers just harsher on any Resident evil now since it has to compare to the likes of Resi evil Zero and Resi Evil 4, the gamecube raised the bar so much for that franchise.

Dead Rising 2 is a OK game, the problem from what I read is Off The Record is basically free roaming where as DR1+DR2 Vanilla have timed rescue events. These "events" drive me nuts, and it was the main reason I got rid of DR1 after some time. I wish I could just free roam to my hearts content. But hey - free is free. I like forward to Dead Rising 3 for the XB1 launch knowing there's no more timed rescues.

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:
Dead Rising 2 is a OK game, the problem from what I read is Off The Record is basically free roaming where as DR1+DR2 Vanilla have timed rescue events. These "events" drive me nuts, and it was the main reason I got rid of DR1 after some time. I wish I could just free roam to my hearts content. But hey - free is free. I like forward to Dead Rising 3 for the XB1 launch knowing there's no more timed rescues.

Not sure if you ever played it in SD but when Dead Rising 1 came out I still had an old CRT tv which I played my 360 on, those pop ups which warned you of the person who was getting attacked and needed saving were almost unreadable, by the time you had figured out what they were saying the person was dead. Was basically undoable in SD to save those people ever.

Yeah I played the first game in SD a bit also its pretty much impossible to read most the writing if you play it in SD.  Still haven't got the achievement for rescuing 50 people to this day I think I will try to get the one for killing 53,594 zombies first. 

Chris Hu said:

Yeah I played the first game in SD a bit also its pretty much impossible to read most the writing if you play it in SD.  Still haven't got the achievement for rescuing 50 people to this day I think I will try to get the one for killing 53,594 zombies first. 

oh yeah the town population as it shows in the intro to the game :D kinda bad that after you complete that achieve tho... there are still zombies about. Zombie babies? This game actually tho and the Warhammer RTS on the 360 were the main Pros of getting a HD tv for me. I can't recall the name of the RTS but yeah every bit of text in it was completely unreadable on the SD tv made the game completely unplayable.