By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One vs. PS4 Graphics Showdown: The Rematch

S.T.A.G.E. said:

DDR3 ram is crap. Even my mid-range laptop has DDR5 Ram. Thats like saying an i5 processor is equivalent to an i7.

That's the worst post in the whole thread. Actually no sentence is true. Thumbs up.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

DDR3 ram is crap. Even my mid-range laptop has DDR5 Ram. Thats like saying an i5 processor is equivalent to an i7.

DDR5 Ram doesn't exist, DDR3 is also not "crap".
Some scenarios it actually has an advantage over GDDR5, especially in regards to things that are very latency sensitive. (I.E. Mostly nothing to do with games.)

Also, the difference between an i5 and an i7 is actually pretty neglible, Hyper Threading (Which can actually reduce performance in some cases!) and in some cases extra cache.
The big difference is when you jump onto Socket 2011 i7's with an extra 2 cores, lots more cache and quad channel memory controller.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

That's the worst post in the whole thread. Actually no sentence is true. Thumbs up.

So, you mean  to tell me  that GDDR5 ram cannot handle larger files and memory better than DDR3? Tell me its so, so I can return to best buy and tell the sales associate I've been had.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

So, you mean  to tell me  and GDDR5 ram cannot larger files and memory better than DDR3? Tell me its so, so I can return to best buy and tell the sales associate I've been had.

I say not a single sentence you wrote originally is true. And it still isn't. Don't put words in my mouth I didn't state.

We really arguing over an blog post containing heaps of fallacies?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Yes, welcome to VGChartz. Not the first time, some posters are famous for this. I won't mention the ones again but there are certain subjects that do so.

walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

So, you mean  to tell me  and GDDR5 ram cannot larger files and memory better than DDR3? Tell me its so, so I can return to best buy and tell the sales associate I've been had.

I say not a single sentence you wrote originally is true. And it still isn't. Don't put words in my mouth I didn't state.

Sorry if I put words in your mouth. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Well sorry for putting words in your mouth (if I really did), but that was my point and if I am wrong, then so be it, but I know DDR3 is fast but its good for smaller files. I have a family member who just bought a PC with 8GB of ram DDR3 and it runs doesn't handle as good as mine for larger files and my processer is better than hers when I run photoshop and illustrator simultaneously. 

Stage, a little advise: don't enter the floor you don't know. Your posts make you look like a cow with blades on ice.

First of all, I am definitely sure your Laptop has DDR3 (or worse). DDR3 is the current memory for computers for general tasks and so your computer will utilize it, too. There is no crappy things about this ram. So for the first sentence...

Now, DDR5 doesn't exist - GDDR5 does. And PS4 is the only system I know of that only has GDDR5-ram. Done.

This has *nothing* to do with how fast small or large files are copied because this depends on many other things than ram. It seems you don't have the slightest idea of what ram isf for. And running simultanously is also... I don't know where to start to explain to you how computers work. You just don't know, I can't figure where your misunderstanding begins.

And the comparison between i5 and i7 is just a result of your misunderstanding.

EDIT: Why did you edit your post?! o.O

walsufnir said:
Euphoria14 said:

Yes, welcome to VGChartz. Not the first time, some posters are famous for this. I won't mention the ones again but there are certain subjects that do so.

Yeah, but I was hoping that one day maybe, just maybe we would decide to discuss things that are real and truthful, rather than latching onto fallacies and bogus articles only because they put our console(s) in a favorable light.

I don't understand why people latch onto lies. It isn't like it is going to turn out in their favor at the end.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I doubt that any person with a bit of common sense could argue with the fact that based on the small amount of info that both companies have released, that the PS4 has a technical advantage over the XOne. The problem is that "small amount of info" part of the equation. We have been given some of the most obvious pieces and parts of the puzzle, but not the details. And as we all should know, it's those details that will really make the difference. I am sure that we won't really know until 18-24 months after release when we have a more optimized system and games that take full advantage of the hardware. A good portion of the first years games will probably be ports of PC games or games that have had their design changed during development to accomodate a port to PC.