By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Official Assassins' Creed PC Specs - From Ubi

These are slightly different than the ones that were released on Ubi's site before (and then quickly removed), but I got these from ubisoft's forums and from what I can tell they are official:

Supported OS: Windows® XP/Windows Vista® (only)
Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel® Pentium® D or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core® 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)
RAM: 1 GB Windows Xp / 2 GB Windows Vista
Video Card: 256 MB DirectX® 10.0–compliant video card or DirectX 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (see supported list)*
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0–compliant sound card (5.1 sound card recommended)
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0 or10.0 libraries (included on disc)
DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
Hard Drive Space: 8 GB
Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360® Controller for Windows recommended)

Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
ATI® RADEON® X1600*/1650*-1950/HD 2000/3000 series
NVIDIA GeForce® 6800*/7/8/9 series

*PCI Express only supported

Its a lot better on the memory than the requirements that were released before..but its still a bit of a hog on the memory.

Also, I was reading that the PC version will be the full directors cut (from what I could tell this might be a rumor still) but there is for sure going to be 4 new types of investigation missions to help prevent them from getting repetitive. And of course the bugs from the console versions will be worked out. By the time you factor in the $10 discount ($50 vs $60) things are looking pretty good.

All in all it sounds like its well worth the wait for PC gamers

edit - Directors cut = Confirmed : http://pc.ign.com/articles/850/850029p1.html

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Hmm... My decision to get a new PC rather than a HD console later this year is looking better and better all the time.

sounds good

Wow , those are actually pretty low :o

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Hmm. I switched from PC to PS3 for games like this as I was fed up upgrading all the time... but now I keep seeing reasons to regret the decision!

I hope they add those missions as DLC at some point for consoles.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

The ram is lower than rumored to be (I read it was recommended at 3 gigs of ram). Glad it isn't as horrendous as I thought. But I have it already, so no point in buying even if it's the director's cut.

oh screw this.. my brand new "GAMING" laptop Dell XPS1330 isn't good enough for this.

well, good enough, but just barely.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Yay I can play this.

kingofwale said:
oh screw this.. my brand new "GAMING" laptop Dell XPS1330 isn't good enough for this.

Are there GAMING laptops?

Anyway, the requirements aren't that bad. Hope it has lots of optimization possible. 

kingofwale said:

Laptops aren't really built for gaming so much as portability.  I made this mistake about 18 months ago and dropped an assload of cash on a nice laptop with an x1600 in it.  Overall I've loved my laptop but wish I had purchased a much cheaper, lighter one since I do very very little gaming on it (mostly due to heat). It gets used mostly for work while waiting between classes (or goofing off on teh interwebs) but I will admit I occasionally sneak a match of TF2 in while at school =P

If you get a lot of use out of it then more power to you, but if gaming on a desktop is at all an option its a lot friendlier on the wallet and in general I've found it to be much less of a hassle.

..Oh and the last thing I will say is that laptops are usually a bit behind the desktops as a rule of thumb.  As a result you will pay a bit more for the same parts and it puts some games out of reach for affordable laptops.  Just comes with the terrirtory sadly. 

To Each Man, Responsibility