By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Multiplats where the Nintendo version was better

An unfortunate part of being a Nintendo gamer is getting the short end of the stick with the few multiplatform games that come to your console at all. You generally either miss out, or get a crappy port. Having a "third party games" console (for me a 360) is becomes almost a requirement for the avid gamer.

Every once in a while, though, there's an exception to the rule. A few notable examples in my book:

(Note: For the following list I'm talking console versions, not including PC, as mods and such can muddy the comparison)

Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition

Combines the extra content of the PS2 version with the superior graphics of the Gamecube version, and adds razor-sharp pointer controls that vastly improve aiming. The best version of the best game ever made.

Trine 2: Director's Cut

An already beautiful game made even prettier than its console peers on Wii U, and with a welcome dose of additional gameplay content in the form of the Goblin Menace expansion and an all-new exclusive stage.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

The Wiimote pointer allows faster and more fluid control than in the PS2/PSP versions, and instead of just using the PS2 graphics, the Wii version's been bolstered with additional effects like refractive ice, and runs at a smother framerate.

Medal of Honor Heroes 2

On PSP is was a competent but unremarkable FPS. On Wii, the controls made is exceptional, with buttery smooth aiming, and some really cool uses of motion control, like pumping a shotgun with the nunchuk and zooming a sniper rifle in and out by rotating the Wiimote

Need for Speed: Most Wanted U

The Gamepad is put to good use in this one, allowing you to switch cars, time of day, turn traffic on and off and more on the fly. You can also co-drive with another player, either helping or hindering them. The graphics have been upgraded as well, and off screen play rounds out the package.

Are there any multiplats where you preferred the Nintendo version?

Around the Network

Street Fighter II.

Soul Calibur 2

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Usually when Nintendo ends up getting the better version its because they've had to wait longer, and that of course usually causes it to sell much worse.

Around the Network
think-man said:
Usually when Nintendo ends up getting the better version its because they've had to wait longer, and that of course usually causes it to sell much worse.

Sadly true in many cases, though RE4 did sell better on Wii than on Gamecube.

- Had some visual enhancements over the PS2 version and IR controls made the flashlight awesome to use.

The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
- Simply put: never has choking a bitch felt so good lol

I think nintendo will get the best versions of watch dogs and splinter cell blacklist. In the latter there's a missing mode, but the gamepad features make up to it.

The PS3/360 version of Soul Calibur II will change everything!

Triwells said:
- Had some visual enhancements over the PS2 version and IR controls made the flashlight awesome to use.

Kicking myself for forgetting this one!

Added to OP, thanks!