By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Maybe the wii is a fad -recent plunge in NA numbers

ArtofAngels said:
LOL at the replies, yeah the Wii is dead, even though it's selling at a rate which will eventually see it as 50% market share, which it wasn't even doing during the holiday season.

The Wii sales are so abysmal this week, man, why does Ninendo even try.

*edited by stof as that was totally unwarranted.*

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

You know though it's hilarious because the PS2 was a fad... the PS1 was a fad the SNES was a fad... the DS is a fad.. fad is not a bad thing people... So terrible they can only manage around 300,000 - 400,000 a week in total world sales, they should be ashamed of themselves! Microsoft and Sony pull 300,000 together that's like a total win for them! Nintendo may as well throw it in here. /sarcasm

I just sold my Wii because its not cool anymore

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:
I just sold my Wii because its not cool anymore

Sadly, that's all us Wii owners can do at this abysmal news.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

What's a 'wee'?

In all seriousness, guys, it's obvious that everyone with a Nintendo system should just run out and buy Gaystation 3 or RROD Free-Sexy.

/sarcasm on all counts above.

Truthfully, anyone who doesn't realize that these 'low' sales still kicked the crap out of the competition, who is 'doing well', is a fanboy, plain and simple.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I'm quite speechless...when I think about all those PS3s and 360s on retail shelves not outselling the Wii-and yet it's the Wii that's in trouble.

people leep bringing 400 a week up but fact is NA numbers are under 100K, while europe is above 140k. thats pathetic na numbers barely above xbox

Damn. This console I'm having so much fun with is a fad?!! The horror! It's still outselling the other two consoles even? Wow, video game consoles are a fad. I am so heartbroken. I have to quit this fun past time of mine, because this guy proved to me that my hobby is a fad. ::sobs lightly::

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Kayanator said:
people leep bringing 400 a week up but fact is NA numbers are under 100K, while europe is above 140k. thats pathetic na numbers barely above xbox

I guess NA doesn't care for gaming anymore then.  Since all consoles are selling pathetically.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

In all seriousness.. i think Kayanator has a valid point...

If we just look at the trends from the week ending 12th Jan, 19th Jan, 26th Jan, and this week. we can definitely see the downward trend that he has suggested...

12 Jan - 210,351
19 Jan - 242,938
26 Jan - 312,923
02 Feb - 340,000ish (240k in USA/Europe, and approximately 100k in Japan)

If you wii fanboys, and marioboys for that matter, can't see how that is going down, you definitely need to get your eyes checked