By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Zero Punctuation Thread!!

He has an Uncharted (1) review too, nope he didn't like that one as well, he didn't like Halo 3 either, but he liked Mario Galaxy and No more Heroes ^^, but hates the Wii :(

Around the Network

well, for one, he didn't play the multiplayer (I assume, because he didn't comment on it)

The multiplayer is easily half of the game.

Kasz216 said:
Ajescent said:
wow...so much hatred in one review, it's unbelieveable...wow...did not see that coming, expected him to have gripes but fuck me that was...wow...

It's not surprising.  They took what he didn't like in the first game... and made it more that.

what?

they did everything they could to appease him!

they took out the surprising Quick time events

they made drake shoot at Caucasians

they even animated drakes hair!

:D

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Dragon Age: Origins

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Assassin's Creed 2

Around the Network
patapon said:

Is that Uncharted 2 review for real? Or is that just his style of comedy?

If it's real, than consider me shocked! So much hatred with so little reasoning behind it... kinda weird... Especially from a game that has such great production values and such a great story. And one the last part where he says it steals from other games... WTF is that? Uncharted 2 doesn't 'steal' from anything. Actually, it does alot of things that appear only in Uncharted 1. This includes story progression, camera angles and more notably, the gameplay.

I mean, does Uncharted gameplay appear anywhere other than Uncharted? If so, I'd love to play another shooter-platformer of that style!!!

I wouldn't say that Uncharted "steals" from other games. But it does borrow quite a bit from other titles. For example the game owes a lot to Tomb Raider and Gears Of War. The Matchmaking in multiplayer is very much like Halo( not surprising its said that Bungie had some imput in that and Naughty Dog actually thanks Bungie in the end credits.) Even the FAL kind of reminds me of Uncharted's own BR from Halo.( or at least they seem very similar to me, anyway) But games borrow elements from other games all the time, but few games make them come together as well as Uncharted 2 does.

PS360 FTW!

Left 4 Dead 2 & New Super Mario Bros Wii

The funny thing is he's spewing most of the things about NSMBWii that Maelstrom said the haters would.

Not stating who's right though... Okay, I'm stating neither are.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Lol... Left 4 Dead 2 Rocky 5

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Demon's Souls