By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Zero Punctuation Thread!!

My prediction for GTA (apart from that it's upcomming wednesday) is that he will use half of the reviews time to wail on the australian government for making the Aussie version censored, then proceed to tell it's awesome, complain some more about the garguantuous review-scores it recieved despite frustrating controlls, samey-same missions and being stuck in groundhog-limbo town...

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network

Updated first post.

Mailbag Showdown:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/4878-Zero-Punctuation-Mailbag-Showdown

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

He is just brilliant. Though he does very little actual reviewing, it is extremely entertaining. I would love him to call GTA IV rubbish (which he will next week probably) even though I would be like one of those people calling him an idiot because he called a game bad

Love his mailbag response. Nice comment at the very end (as he always has) that he's playing GTA IV. Perhaps he was going to review that this week but didn't finish it.

His reviews of games like Silent Hill Origins (the game no one spoke of after it came out) and Uncharted are pretty dead on.

I think he's dead on with almost all his reviews, the only one that dissapointed me was Brawl, not because he bashed it, but because he attacked "those types" of games rather than Brawl itself. Brawl has its share of flaws but all he could do was whine about the multiplayer/party game phenomenon in general. Don't get me wrong, I agree with most of those complaints none the less, but I would have rather he actually reviewed the game, not his "Seinfeldian" experiences with it.

Around the Network

i didn't really like his Brawl review - complaining of only tiny things

When I saw the mail he received, I all I could think was, "What the hell were they thinking? Don't they know who this is? Did they think he would sprinkle it with sunshine and roses?

"This is fucking Yahtzee, for crying out loud!"

Sure he likes some games, but this wasn't going to be it. He did like Galaxy, but even then you had to look carefully to see that.

The only proper response would be to write him with, "Yahtzee, you charismatic stud, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on Brawl, but what would you think would make that particular game better?"

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I would almost call this one a big disappointment -- I mean sure he's got to find some humor but he was clearly cherrypicking the retards (including the guy who didn't realize the kind of "review" that Yahtzee specializes in). I did notice the fact that one of the letters was signed, "Capt. James Obvious".

But the dog comparison at the end redeemed it. That NAILED it. Purely awesome, I hope he's been saving that one up because he sure as hell spent it well.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
I would almost call this one a big disappointment -- I mean sure he's got to find some humor but he was clearly cherrypicking the retards (including the guy who didn't realize the kind of "review" that Yahtzee specializes in). I did notice the fact that one of the letters was signed, "Capt. James Obvious".

But the dog comparison at the end redeemed it. That NAILED it. Purely awesome, I hope he's been saving that one up because he sure as hell spent it well.

The end note said he changed the names.  

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

That was amusing. I have been pissed off with unbreakable trees since the N64. Seriously developers, let us plow through freakan trees once in out lifetime.