By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - What the heck's wrong with this website?

The poll is not about review scores or which game is the best...just which will sell the most.

erikguy, you gotta check your numbers. MGS has never sold more than 6 mil and MGS4 is coming out only for the PS3, the smallest current userbase in this generation.

Of course, the title is highly hyped so it will likely sell well, but in the end, there's no reason to suggest it'd get anywhere near 6 million...100 million to 10 million in users is a significant cut and can't be ignored.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Also, it's just a poll, and the absence of one game on that list does not put the site in jeopardy. It would probably be the next game on the poll if another game was added...but it doesn't seem necessary...again, it's just a harmless poll, and clearly there is but one who thinks MGS will be the top selling game of '08.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

It will probably just get delayed again anyway.

IDIOTS, check any source besides VGC and they say MGS 2 has sold 7 million, MORE than any SSB game.

Kayanator said:
IDIOTS, check any source besides VGC and they say MGS 2 has sold 7 million, MORE than any SSB game.

I don't care that you think MGS4 will smash Smash Bros but there's no need for that.

Around the Network

that's simply cause MGS4 has no chance of winning so only the likely candidates are in the poll

@kayanator
Do you have a link? I don't see any reason to doubt the figures here.
Plus, if it sold 7 million, thats only 400k more than Smash Brothers Melee. On a userbase 6 times as large. Not particularly impressive. In about 15 months, Wii has almost reached Gamecube's lifetime sales. So it is safe to say Brawl will sell much more on the Wii than Melee did on the Gamecube. Another thing to think about is the massive sales drop-off from 2 to 3. What makes you think it will sell that well on a console with around ten million units in sales, when the PS2 sold around 120 million units?

And we're not idiots. Trusting a source that has proven itself to be accurate is an intelligent choice. If you have a problem with it, complain elsewhere.

wiiforever said:
that's simply cause MGS4 has no chance of winning so only the likely candidates are in the poll

Yes, that's what we all just elaborated except more rudely.  Try better next time.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

or Killzone 2. I'll be buying that game.

Kayanator said:

Source? Other than the one off wikipedia which I would hardly call reliable.