By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

RedPikmin95 said:

Now, this week the 3DS passed the Wii already, even without the new Pokemon Editions released yet. That's really quite impressive and it's sales are going on and on that it seems like an unstoppable System there...

|System | This Week | Last Week | Last Year | YTD | Last YTD | LTD |
| 3DS | 159.388 | 276.792 | 61.382 | 2.972.851 | 3.181.391 | 12.752.731 |
| PS3 | 10.749 | 12.146 | 11.440 | 628.759 | 803.334 | 9.488.843 |
| WIU | 5.824 | 5.003 | | 451.439 | | 1.078.726 |
| PSV | 5.155 | 6.020 | 9.295 | 704.067 | 539.707 | 1.834.892 |
| PSP | 5.082 | 5.449 | 14.921 | 368.648 | 581.679 | 19.997.659 |
| WII | 965 | 962 | 5.742 | 60.042 | 397.372 | 12.698.878 |
| 360 | 610 | 244 | 748 | 19.035 | 49.999 | 1.632.869 |

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=685909

Last year the PS3. This year the Wii. Next Year it will outsell the PSP, too. And I think in 2015 it's gonna be even ahead the PS2. And, if johnlucas' predictions would come largely true, the 3DS will also outsell even the legendary DS in 2016 already!

THIS would be an insane scenario!

John's idea of using the 3DS as a hint of what is to come for the WiiU is starting to become more and more clear as the days go by. As I educate myself more as events are unfolding, i can see more and more clearly where he's coming from. Who still thinks anyone will re-enter the dedicated portable console market after the moderate failure of PSVita and the complete failure of the NVidia Shield?

As far as Kinnect 2.0, it seems Kotaku it is allready labelling it as a complete failure:

"After this laborious effort (which I’m assured will be streamlined before launch) Kinect Sports Rivals goes through the process of translating the information into a virtual representation of me. As it does its calculations I ask myself, ‘if this is difficult with a Microsoft representative guiding me step by step, how difficult will it be for a ten year old in the comfort of his or her own home, or parents who’ve never used a console before?’

Around the Network

So, Nintendo's next home console will be a DS with an HDMI output!

^I find it sad that NIntendo had to come out an actually say they might do that^ for people to start predicting they would . Jesus do y'all love to keep spinning their wheels

Also Im going to remind you that JL didnt just say MS and Sony would drop out the race, just like that and they'd go to NIntendo because they are the industry leaders. Your missing three key steps in his logic that get to the point, so if you're going to argue, you had best put your best effort into it and cover all your bases.

@Kaizar I'll buy a 2DS and take a run on it to see.

For a change, here are some bad news....

UK: Nintendo Shelf Space Severely reduced in Tesco - Now part of 360 Section

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=686213

And according to that neogaf-thread, users noticed similar things at some other retailers too....
oh,oh...that doesn't look that good in europe...will there ever be a turnaround when retailers gonna abandone the WiiU step by step ??
Did johnlucas consider that? It rather seems to get worse there...

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:

^I find it sad that NIntendo had to come out an actually say they might do that^ for people to start predicting they would . Jesus do y'all love to keep spinning their wheels

Also Im going to remind you that JL didnt just say MS and Sony would drop out the race, just like that and they'd go to NIntendo because they are the industry leaders. Your missing three key steps in his logic that get to the point, so if you're going to argue, you had best put your best effort into it and cover all your bases.

@Kaizar I'll buy a 2DS and take a run on it to see.

What the heck does this mean outside of Sony and Microsoft dropping out?

I said it here. I say it now.

Wii U WILL BE THE LEADER of the 8th Generation Consoles BY FAR. It will outsell the XBox One & PlayStation 4 HANDILY throughout the generation.
And should The Revolution go as planned, this will be the LAST CONSOLE WAR between Nintendo, Sony, & Microsoft.
Wii U obtains what was denied to Wii. Wii U at last becomes EVERYBODY'S CONSOLE.

Oh & you want a number? Here's one for you: 12 million Wii U's sold by December 31, 2013.
Here's another: 35 million Wii U's sold by December 31, 2014.
Here's one more: 60 million Wii U's sold by December 31, 2015.
And one more for the road: 240 million LIFETIME Wii U sales.

Wii U is 'Wii Part 2'. This standoff must end. The Kids are coming home off the streets.
Nintendo will finish The Revolution through Wii U & bring Unity to the gaming industry at last.
No more Hardcore vs. Casual. It's just Gamers.
While Nintendo is proven to succeed WITHOUT the 3rd party, this long standing division in the game industry must finally be healed.

Remember now, what object is shaped like a 'U'?.......A Magnet. Think about that.
It's all about Dad's House. The 1st Party STILL rules.

What does all that mean?  That means Sony and Microsoft drop out.  Nintendo is left no competition and the Wii U becomes everyone's console.  

Also, johnlucas is also saying the current trends is not sustainable, and has pretty much stated there is a crash coming.

Around the Network
RedPikmin95 said:

And according to that neogaf-thread, users noticed similar things at some other retailers too....
oh,oh...that doesn't look that good in europe...will there ever be a turnaround when retailers gonna abandone the WiiU step by step ??

The Wii U recovery won't happen overnight.
Things are getting worse before they get better.

JoeTheBro said:
RedPikmin95 said:

Nintendo doesn't need the opposite of momentum when competitors are releasing.  What it needs is momentum.  No guarantee that recovery happens when you are going up against competition.

richardhutnik said:
JoeTheBro said:

Nintendo doesn't need the opposite of momentum when competitors are releasing.  What it needs is momentum.  No guarantee that recovery happens when you are going up against competition.

Obviously. Losing shelf space is never good.

It's just not the end of the world.

JoeTheBro said:
richardhutnik said:
JoeTheBro said:

Thing is that, with momentum shifting, you then need Sony and/or Microsoft to drop the ball or you likely don't get it back. 

richardhutnik said:
JoeTheBro said:

Thing is that, with momentum shifting, you then need Sony and/or Microsoft to drop the ball or you likely don't get it back. 

I disagree. The Wii U has a completely different image than 4BONE. Sure they are competing, but there's still a ton of non overlapping market. The Wii U's failure or success is mostly determined just by its own performance, not what the competition is doing.