By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Cool, fellow Seattlites. Though to be honest I live in Spokane at the moment.

Around the Network
DM235 said:
Kaizar said:

I can see the 3DS lifetime sales being 240 million.

But with Wii U I don't see any higher then maybe 210 to 230 million.

I say the Wii U will at least get more then 120 million in life time sales.

I wouldn't be surprise to see Wii U get 150 to around 200 million.

But 240 million for the Wii U seems to be pushing it, since it's just a 6 year Home Console, if it had 1 to 2 more years before the next Nintendo Home Console, I would say realistic.

The entire gaming market is about 200 million users, so you are expecting absolutely everyone to buy 1.1 consoles on average?  I don't know how anyone can seriously think that a single console will sell more than 150 million units in the next generation...

johnlucas is predicting that the PS4 and ONE will flop so badly, that Microsoft and Sony withdraw from the market, leaving the Wii U as the only home console choice for gamers.  Go back to the beginning and see the context for the prediction. johnlucas also feels, that if Microsoft and Sony both withdraw, Nintendo will also go unharmed AND no one else will bother to enter the market vacated by Microsoft and Sony.  He sees Value's efforts as merely a possible home console, which he says they won't release.

There is a TON of low probability things for johnlucas to be right about the Wii U hitting 240 million lifetime.

richardhutnik said:

johnlucas is predicting that the PS4 and ONE will flop so badly, that Microsoft and Sony withdraw from the market, leaving the Wii U as the only home console choice for gamers.  Go back to the beginning and see the context for the prediction. johnlucas also feels, that if Microsoft and Sony both withdraw, Nintendo will also go unharmed AND no one else will bother to enter the market vacated by Microsoft and Sony.  He sees Value's efforts as merely a possible home console, which he says they won't release.

There is a TON of low probability things for johnlucas to be right about the Wii U hitting 240 million lifetime.

Why'd you have to ruin our page of off topicness? Boo, boo on you.

Edit your reply to fit in, and then post this again on the new page ;)

Richard you really do need to read the scope with more accuracy.

DM235 said:
Kaizar said:

But 240 million for the Wii U seems to be pushing it, since it's just a 6 year Home Console, if it had 1 to 2 more years before the next Nintendo Home Console, I would say realistic.

The entire gaming market is about 200 million users, so you are expecting absolutely everyone to buy 1.1 consoles on average?  I don't know how anyone can seriously think that a single console will sell more than 150 million units in the next generation...

The 3DS will outsell the DS.

The users, well I am taking into account all the new game users, specifically kids and also little kids, which Nintendo has in the bag.

Around the Network
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:

What the WiiU? I've taken mine apart and put it back together, I know a fair bit about the system.

I have reason to believe that in terms of real world performance the console will be able to get comparable performance to the x86 structure architectures since they all appear to have access to the same types of engines and modern feature sets, its a platform that devs will either learn to code for, and get better at it due to the more hands on approach (but still smooth process) of porting games to it, optomizing on it will take an earnest dev though. It wont let you be lazy with it.

It'd take some serious budget to make technical marvels on the PS4 that are clearly above what a maximum optomized build for the WiiU using CryEngine3

The structure type is one thats a little underwhelming to be honest , but Im more interested in what MS/Sony's customizations with it will be able to achieve. X86 has some key glaring issues in terms of performance.  The numbers game here doesnt really tell us much.

Well, both CPU & HD GPGPU are custom made, just to let U know.

Have you taken apart a 3DS?

I like to know if the GPU is 600 MHz max clock (2008 model - vertex performence 40.7 million polygons @ 100 MHz) or 1 GHz max clock (2010 model)

richardhutnik said:
DM235 said:
Kaizar said:

I can see Sega re-entering the hardware market and giving another go with an futuristic controller like the WiiMote+Nunchuck & Gamepad, but something unique from those 2 of course.

Yeah I know, they're using an IBM one. I wonder if Nintendo will have them make one of those particular feature sets for it. (Yay more secret spice)

Kaizar said:

I can see Sega re-entering the hardware market and giving another go with an futuristic controller like the WiiMote+Nunchuck & Gamepad, but something unique from those 2 of course.

Nah they're happy with Nintendo. Only reason they'd make a console would be if the 3DS died early and the Wii U failed to take off.

Now, this week the 3DS passed the Wii already, even without the new Pokemon Editions released yet. That's really quite impressive and it's sales are going on and on that it seems like an unstoppable System there...

|System | This Week | Last Week | Last Year | YTD | Last YTD | LTD |
| 3DS | 159.388 | 276.792 | 61.382 | 2.972.851 | 3.181.391 | 12.752.731 |
| PS3 | 10.749 | 12.146 | 11.440 | 628.759 | 803.334 | 9.488.843 |
| WIU | 5.824 | 5.003 | | 451.439 | | 1.078.726 |
| PSV | 5.155 | 6.020 | 9.295 | 704.067 | 539.707 | 1.834.892 |
| PSP | 5.082 | 5.449 | 14.921 | 368.648 | 581.679 | 19.997.659 |
| WII | 965 | 962 | 5.742 | 60.042 | 397.372 | 12.698.878 |
| 360 | 610 | 244 | 748 | 19.035 | 49.999 | 1.632.869 |

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=685909

Last year the PS3. This year the Wii. Next Year it will outsell the PSP, too. And I think in 2015 it's gonna be even ahead the PS2. And, if johnlucas' predictions would come largely true, the 3DS will also outsell even the legendary DS in 2016 already!

THIS would be an insane scenario!