By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Fusioncode said:
Huh, you're back. How long before you get banned this time?

When the mods get the picture that my cynical distates does not consitute as trolling or flaming.

Just dissapointment in human capacity to understand and realize what lies before them and their deplorable behavior.

The devils in the details, and if you bring me down to that level,then it is a monster you shall recieve.

Around the Network
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:

I find it funny how all of you are ignorant of what the term "Big shit" means

Its a KingPin's Conglomerate.

Do you all NOT read comic books? For real.

The WiiU will be Nintendo's key to taking their respect back forcefully, and they shall utilize that to spring off with their new platform in 2017.

So misread the prophecy was?

WiiU 2, launching in 2017 will be the TRUE UNIFIER?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Quite so. We're in for another GBA-DS transition once more.

But no third pillar shenanigans.

The will release two platforms in 2017/2018. These machines will communicate closely together but still be different, they will share and OS and development tools.

NIntendo will release software they designed around the experience in prototype phase so you should expect a Wii- Sports like style of games. Glorified tech demos, but these should be more focused on gamey aspects

After a year of release they will showcase their 1080p 3D virtual reality set that will sell with the console in bundles as well. The need for software prototypes and the like is why it will come out like this, due to software development constraints and prototyping

This is Nintendo's 5 way attack. In 3 years they will purchase Spike Chunsoft and Nico Nico outright, they'll take on some licensing agreements and release TV shows on smartphones through their own app network, full featured with some microexperiences from wario and other things that heavily promote their systems, their system will take on more features and interactions, in order for this system to succeed they're going to take its streetpass concept and magnifiy it by 10. They're going to be more of those streetpass centers all around the country in the west to make their streetpass network truly versatile.

And what is the backbone of this Handheld/Console duo to combat phones, changing consumer habits and competition from consoles and pc's at launch?

The 7th Generation Pokemon Games.

This console will be the host in design due to it needing to support 5 Gamepad device streaming, with redesigned controllers, or VR set up for single player experience. so it will be a bit of a tech machine at 350$

Their engineers are hard at work engineering the true succesor to GCN design process of affordability and efficiency to handle this sort of software environment. These machines will also be fully backwards compatible.  The console will also run Wii software too.

Leadified said:

2014 will be an amazing year of continuous software after software for the 3DS and the WiiU. Then 2015 will follow. Nintendo will thus begin the aplha stage of their consoles in 2017 and in 2018 the beast will release. With Pokemon being the flagship launch game.

A year later Nintendo will showcase their Vitality Sensor and Virtual REality headset companion for this device.

I'm genuinely curious, do you have any sales predictions for the 3DS and Wii U up till 2018?

I expect the WiiU to sell N64 numbers.  NIntendo needs to turn the WiiU into what it was originally supposed to be because they need to end this generation a high note for their fanbase and for consumers.

Before I expected them to try an SNES this machine, because that's what its supposed to be by design, but things were quite twisted since nintendo fumbled the ball from reveal to release

Contrary to what people believe, the WiiU Is strong enough to last those 4 years it needs to be. This is a middleware age of gaming . all it needs is to have enough sales, and a highe enough attache rate, and the third will come just like the indies have come.

The WiiU is Nintendo's response to

Their next machine will be their "everyone" machine. It's another NES. But with even more games.

But the great John Lucas said that the WiiU will be "everybody's console". Are you guys finally admitting that Lucas was completely and utterly wrong?  

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I stated from the beginning that the WiiU was supposed to be an SNES styled succesor. Nintendo messed that one up in their execution of the WiiU,its actually a very good console in design,but everything else went wrong.  SNES was Nintendo's market respons to a highly competitive environment and their machine where they worked on a bunch of prototypes.

Console that expand the market take an NES type approach, then in SNES they refine it and they strengthen it.  PS1-PS2 is a great example of how it works when its executed well. But Ps3 was their N64.

Nintendo has a habit of making machines in the NES/SNES style in rotation. You can see it in the handhelds,  GB=expands market, Super Gameboy -Gameboy color - GBA, Solidifies the market. has great software sales- DS expands market -3DS- solidifies market.  Their consoles dont follow this rythym and that is why they get knocked off course.

The WiiU was supposed to bring everything together, but nintendo miscommunicated and miss presented to the market , and they didnt have software where it should have been. Since 2010 they've been restructuring the company.

The WiiU is also very SNES like in the competition it faces. Too much in fact. So I expect N64 numbers, because that's what nintendo needs to do to solidify their standing. Which is what the SNES did. Which they fucked over with the N64 and then further with GCN.

I've never agreed with John Lucas since I entered this thread.

You clearly dont read very well. Go ask him. Or you know. Read my earlier posts.

The WiiU has too much competition and the other consoles arent going to die that quickly this gen.

Mobile gaming will be dead in 3 years though. You can count on that. The market is just going to collapse. Then come the licensing fees and the bottom will fall out for anyone not named Candy Crush and Puzzles & Dragons

http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2014/01/20/nintendos-woes-dont-mean-game-over-for-its-consoles/

Around the Network
Leadified said:

2014 will be an amazing year of continuous software after software for the 3DS and the WiiU. Then 2015 will follow. Nintendo will thus begin the aplha stage of their consoles in 2017 and in 2018 the beast will release. With Pokemon being the flagship launch game.

A year later Nintendo will showcase their Vitality Sensor and Virtual REality headset companion for this device.

I'm genuinely curious, do you have any sales predictions for the 3DS and Wii U up till 2018?

I expect the WiiU to sell N64 numbers.  NIntendo needs to turn the WiiU into what it was originally supposed to be because they need to end this generation a high note for their fanbase and for consumers.

Before I expected them to try an SNES this machine, because that's what its supposed to be by design, but things were quite twisted

Contrary to what people believe, the WiiU Is strong enough to last those 4 years it needs to be. This is a middleware age of gaming . all it needs is to have enough sales, and a highe enough attache rate, and the third will come just like the indies have come.

Their next machine will be their "everyone" machine. It's another NES. But with even more games.

I think the Wii U will do GameCube sales but N64 sales well be welcomed.

I doubt the third-parties will come without some major bad sales from the PS4 and Xbone. I think there is a lot of truth in the saying that third-party games don't sell well on Nintendo home consoles except it is some party or dance type game. This need to be changed by Nintendo themselves promoting the games on their consoles like the others do.

I hope their next console is indeed an "everyone" machine and 2017 sounds right.

Nintendo needs to eliminate the reasons for the masses not to buy their home consoles.

justinian said:
Leadified said:

Before I expected them to try an SNES this machine, because that's what its supposed to be by design, but things were quite twisted

I think the Wii U will do GameCube sales but N64 sales well be welcomed.

I doubt the third-parties will come without some major bad sales from the PS4 and Xbone. I think there is a lot of truth in the saying that third-party games don't sell well on Nintendo home consoles except it is some party or dance type game. This need to be changed by Nintendo themselves promoting the games on their consoles like the others do.

I hope their next console is indeed an "everyone" machine and 2017 sounds right.

Nintendo needs to eliminate the reasons for the masses not to buy their home consoles.

Actually the 3rd party sales thing isnt true. But your games wont sell without the public being aware and given valid reason to buy it on consoles they arent used to buying the games on. Nintendo needs to subsidize some of their marketing costs.

realistically 3rd parties should put everything on every machine, but there are also opportunity costs to consider

Game console this gen will not sell as much as they did last gen unless they tap new territories. There is nothing in them to facilitate that sell rate. Its why they're trying to build game consoles that can replace your cable boxes.

That along with the increased development costs/marketing costs is going to hurt third parties bottom line, and when the mobile fall out happens they're going to have to change strategy. Sony's in very REAL danger of going bankrupt. Microsoft's fine. But their core strategy is under fire. This sets up the perfect situation for Nintendo to reposition and launch their answer to the current realities of the market.

And the more Sony keeps stretching its self thin, the closer they get to their downfall.  They're selling Fit Core's and  Smart device trackers that track the state of your living room (What the fuck? AH hell no get out my house with that shit, Irobot this is not)

Nintendo will also release these systems in the summer instead of fall.

Actually the 3rd party sales thing isnt true. But your games wont sell without the public being aware and given valid reason to buy it on consoles they arent used to buying the games on. Nintendo needs to subsidize some of their marketing costs.

realistically 3rd parties should put everything on every machine, but there are also opportunity costs to consider

Game console this gen will not sell as much as they did last gen unless they tap new territories. There is nothing in them to facilitate that sell rate. Its why they're trying to build game consoles that can replace your cable boxes.

That along with the increased development costs is going to hurt third parties bottom line, and when the mobile fall out happens they're going to have to change strategy. Sony's in very REAL danger of going bankrupt. Microsoft's fine. But their core strategy is under fire. This sets up the perfect situation for Nintendo to reposition and launch their answer to the current realities of the market.

And the more Sony keeps stretching its self thin, the closer they get to their downfall.  They're selling Fit Core's and  Smart device trackers that track the state of your living room (What the fuck? AH hell no get out my house with that shit, Irobot this is not)

Nintendo will also release these systems in the summer instead of fall.

I do agree with you on many of those points. As for the third-party sales on Nintendo console that is why I said that it is vital for Nintendo to let the public know that these games ARE on their console. At the same time I think the problems go far deeper in terms of the userbase but that's another conversation.

Developement costs is now apparently many multiples of what it was last gen while at the same time the cost of games has not significantly risen. How this plays out for MS, Sony and the devs is one variable of this gen I am keen to see the outcome thereof. They need to sell a whole lot of consoles for it to be worthwile. An analyst say at the very least 60m to aquire the required attach ratio. That figure is a long way away but I will look out for others to support his reasoning.

Nintendo does indeed now have the situation presenting itself to reposition and consider the realities of the current market. My problem with this is that unlike you I have very little faith in Nintendo doing anything right after still being hungover from the drunkeness that was the wii's success.

I hope your faith in them pays off but I will hold on to mine for the time being.

My faith in them was strong, but its even stronger considering I know how they intend to play out these next three years.

And being a WiiU owner, Im quite happy with my system. Lots of games coming out, and i mean a lot. Lots of 3DS games to buy, I've been importing like crazy.

So much delusion.