Arius Dion said:
JGarret said:
Seece said:
PS4 : 250k in 48 hours.
XBO: 170k in 2 weeks.
WIU: 150k in ~1 year.

UK LTD confirmed by Charttrack.

Surreal!

I would have never imagined a situation like this a year ago.

This is what happens when you create an overly eccentric console and abandon your true base in order to appease a minority of gamers no matter how vocal.

I´d have loved to know what went on in Iwata & Co minds when they started the the Wii U concept...that would have been when, in 2008?...anyway, projects like designing a console undergo a lot of changes, I wonder if the first concepts and ideas had nothing to do with a tablet like controller.

Around the Network
Seece said:

What minority? I'm genuinely confused as to who they aimed this console at!!!

That's the problem. It's confusing, they tried to go with the hardcore and casual crowd. They failed because that, you can't appease the two crowds with one console.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
Seece said:

What minority? I'm genuinely confused as to who they aimed this console at!!!

That's the problem. It's confusing, they tried to go with the hardcore and casual crowd. They failed because that, you can't appease the two crowds with one console.

I somewhat beg to differ, Kinect did well selling 25 million.

JGarret said:
Arius Dion said:
JGarret said:
Seece said:

Surreal!

This is what happens when you create an overly eccentric console and abandon your true base in order to appease a minority of gamers no matter how vocal.

I´d have loved to know what went on in Iwata & Co minds when they started the the Wii U concept...that would have been when, in 2008?...anyway, projects like designing a console undergo a lot of changes, I wonder if the first concepts and ideas had nothing to do with a tablet like controller.

I have always imagined it like those times when a student wakes up one day and realizes he/she has a massive term paper due the day after and they haven't even started it due to distractions or simply a lack of caring.

The idea of "better to present something than nothing" is not always water-proof. This is only one example.

Mummelmann said:
JGarret said:
Arius Dion said:
JGarret said:
Seece said:

Surreal!

I have always imagined it like those times when a student wakes up one day and realizes he/she has a massive term paper due the day after and they haven't even started it due to distractions or simply a lack of caring.

The idea of "better to present something than nothing" is not always water-proof. This is only one example.

Oh god that's me ... terrible would be console maker confirmed

Unlike WiiU tho it normally turns out fine :P

Around the Network
Seece said:
Anfebious said:

I somewhat beg to differ, Kinect did well selling 25 million.

Well the Kinect for the Xbox 360 is not an integral part of the console, it's an add on. The problem with the Wii U is that you are stuck either way with the gamepad you like it or not. They went from motion controls and back to a standard type of controller, they should have stick with motion controller games.

Personally I love the gamepad but it's clear that some people don't and that will hold back the console.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

@Mummel; That's hilarious analogy and it works!

@Seece; Its seems to have been targeting the Gamecube fans, which contrary to forum myth, was a complete disaster and trash, despite a couple of gems.

@JGarret: I'd've loved to be a fly on the wall during that time, but I'd love even more to be a fly on the wall at Nintendo hq now! This party is over, Wii U is a dud of massive proportions. Mal talks about it being a burning platform and it is. Nintendo is dealing with a situation where they are at war with their own fanbase. This is crazy, as devs want to do whatever they want market reaction be damned. But the economy will bring many to its knees.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Mummelmann said:
JGarret said:
Arius Dion said:
JGarret said:
Seece said:

Surreal!

I guess they took those "the Wii has abandoned the hardcore" complaints seriously, while at the same time jumping on the tablet bandwagon, so they end up with a system and controller that tried to appease both the "Wii crowd" (or what was left of it) and the "hardcore", and hoping NintendoLand would do for the Wii U what WiiSports did for the Wii.

I'm glad Nintendo has 3DS (and I'm glad it's doing well) because if they didn't it must be depressing as hell at Nintendo HQ right now.

They must know with the UK numbers now that they've made a huge mistake with WiiU.

Xbox 360 sold more in Japan in its first 12 months than WiiU has in the UK, a market it sold 8.5 million consoles in last gen and came close to toppling PS2.

According to media reports, both the PS4 and X-One sold approx. 1 mil. in pre-orders. I wonder if this numbers are included in the total sales of VGChartz and if not, when will they be included?