By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Dv8thwonder said:
Seece should just desist already.

~ Mod Edit ~

This user was warned by TruckOSaurus for this post.

Around the Network

At least he's back, that's good! I want to read your rebuttal before work tomorrow, I have a 24.5 hour shift into Sunday and won't be able to go online for some time.

johnlucas said:

In fact I am already right on one of my calls made within this thread during the debates.
I said that Wii Party U would change the trajectory of Wii U in Japan & it HAS.
Wii U is now above the PS3 weekly in Japan & it had a DRAMATIC rise the week Wii Party U came out.
From a range of around 3,000 a week to nearly 40,000 the week Wii Party U came out.

Within this year & the next you will find out ANOTHER of my calls being right that you can check 3DS's trajectory & transformation & apply that to Wii U.
Wii U will follow the path of the 3DS similar to how the success of the DS became the litmus test for the success of the Wii.

Wii Party U alone did not cause those sales, but rather bundles that included Wii Party U among other games for a minimal price increase over the base Wii U.  Plus about a month of terrible sales as people waited for the bundles.  More than half of WP's LTD is from the bundle.  I somehow doubt there is such a demographic difference between new owners and established owners that would lead to that discrepency.  Did you also call sales dropping to less than half that the next two weeks and then getting only a small bump with the launch of 3D World?  Did you call Wii U sales actually dropping in the US/EU the week Wii Party U was released?

Bolded
So are you basically admitting here that your Wii U predictions will be incorrect?  Because despite starting from a higher baseline and doing much better in the first half of November, the 3DS did not hit 8 million in the second half of November+December.  It also didn't do 23 million in 2012, and doesn't look like it'll do 25 million in 2013 which is the trajectory you predicted for the Wii U.  Even your ridiculous 50 million prediction for the 3DS doesn't have it hitting 25 million this year.

If we take the 3DS trajectory based off the week before Black Friday, the Wii U is looking at 1.56m for the rest of the year.

Were you so adamant about the first year prediction being meaningless compared to the overall prediction last generation when you made it for the Wii?

pezus said:

"Until the day after December 31, 2013, I hold to my 12 million call good or bad."

Called it

1.31m a week starting next week

Seece said:
Dv8thwonder said:

Yes I'm sure you would love everyone to stop proving the OP wrong and posting the results as they come in weekly, wouldn't be at all different if WiiU was doing well, oh no.

When you actually have something of value to post other than your signature brand of HQ trolling then maybe you would be taken seriously but for now your comedic relief is much appreciated. As for the OP, you fail to see the forest before the trees.

~ Mod Edit ~

This user was moderated by TruckOSaurus for this post.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Around the Network
Dv8thwonder said:
Seece said:
Dv8thwonder said:

Yes I'm sure you would love everyone to stop proving the OP wrong and posting the results as they come in weekly, wouldn't be at all different if WiiU was doing well, oh no.

When you actually have something of value to post other than your signature brand of HQ trolling then maybe you would be taken seriously but for now your comedic relief is much appreciated. As for the OP, you fail to see the forest before the trees.

It's forest through the trees. I hardly see how posting VGC numbers in this thread is trolling, basically you guys think trolling is somebody saying something you don't like.

FYI your post is bannable. Seriously you guys need to learn how to hold your tounges or none of you are gonna be arond come 2015 to see JL's prediction fail

Dv8thwonder said:
Seece said:
Dv8thwonder said:

Saying something you dont like to hear aint trolling - crying about truth is though and facts are facts the wiiu aint selling well and its almost guarenteed not to hit 12 mill by 31st dec. Maybe if you spent less time calling people trolls and being patronising and more time looking in the mirror youd see where the real problem lies. #truth

Always posting within minutes of each other how odd.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Oh I'll happily be back here on January 1st to see your prediction fail.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Dv8thwonder said:

Always posting within minutes of each other how odd.

and here comes the conspiracy theory. How about more than one person things your being unreasonable?