By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 version of achievements?

Could a link between Playstation Home and Devil May Cry have been found? Well ps3fanboy certainly think so...

click the link below for more on the article

http://www.gamegrep.com/news/7233-dm...ossibly_found/

Around the Network

That is the sole reason my friend wants PS Home.

He is a Drama Student (See, someone who requires attention to live) and needs attention for even gaming accomplishments. SO good on them if they did include it, and should keep doing so.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Yeah, I think it is.

I'm gonna say "accomlishments" are just as pointless as "achievements" and mean little to nothing to a consumers consideration during purchase.

When, achievements are mentioned to the consumer, and explained, the first question is "what do they do" and when you tell them, "nothing" you add nothing.

Basically, achievements, accomlishments, and Home are nice for the gamer who already owns the system, because they add utility, however they aren't a selling point, not by a longshot, and mean relatively little compared to even a 10 dollar price cut.

If the PS3 got a 10 dollar price cut, it would sell more units, than it would if it added Accomplishments to the console.

That's just my take.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Uncharted had "accomplishments" as well.

Around the Network

If this was made available via a recent firmware, you'd think Sony would've shouted it to the world.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
I'm gonna say "accomlishments" are just as pointless as "achievements" and mean little to nothing to a consumers consideration during purchase.

When, achievements are mentioned to the consumer, and explained, the first question is "what do they do" and when you tell them, "nothing" you add nothing.

Basically, achievements, accomlishments, and Home are nice for the gamer who already owns the system, because they add utility, however they aren't a selling point, not by a longshot, and mean relatively little compared to even a 10 dollar price cut.

If the PS3 got a 10 dollar price cut, it would sell more units, than it would if it added Accomplishments to the console.

That's just my take.

While it may not sell systems, it will likely help some with software. I can't tell you how many times I have heard people say they will get the 360 version of some game because of achievments. Personally I have never understood why people like achievments, but to each his own. As for the topic, I hope the final version of these "accomplishments" doesn't interupt gameplay like that picture seems to suggest.

Aren't they called trophies? Or at least that's what comes to mind seeing as the Home trailer has a trophy room.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

That's just my take.

sadly you are wrong. Games with tons of achievements on XBL tend to sell better then others with very few/none at all. Reason, Self-gratification. Just beating the game and unlocking any secrets the second play-through isnt satisfing anymore apparently

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ZenfoldorVGI said:

That's just my take.

Actually, people buy games because they know they can get easy achievements off them and other people buy 360 multiplatform games over PS3 purely because of achievements.  

You're right in that achievements aren't a system seller but they are very much a game seller.