By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Hillary is XBox 360, Obama is Wii?

i really want obama to win, not just cause hes black ro whatever, but he is going to change america for the better. and based on what ive seen in the past 7 years america really does need change.

vote for obama!

a tip from your friendly free loading neighbours, canada.

Around the Network

Hilary is 360.  Obama is Wii.

Mccain:

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

In the way that the change is needed but people are fighting it and only see it as a fad or a Gimmick, yes in that way Obama and the Wii are similar

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

What an astoundingly absurd notion. Any analogies between politics/governance and anything lightweight like video games/sports/business is shallow and facile garbage. You could compare the presidential race to any event where one thing competes against another.

And how pretentious to think that our hobby, whose sole purpose is just to entertain and kill time, has any lessons to teach those engaged in more serious business! The lessons of governance MUST be how best to govern, not how best to entertain or rack up sales numbers.

madskillz said:

Gabroni, know your role ... it's off topic discussion, son!

So, do you have a single original thought in your head, or, like your manner of speaking, is everything you come up with not only blatanly ripped off from something else, but blatantly ripped off from something dumb?

Around the Network
phil said:
What an astoundingly absurd notion. Any analogies between politics/governance and anything lightweight like video games/sports/business is shallow and facile garbage. You could compare the presidential race to any event where one thing competes against another.

And how pretentious to think that our hobby, whose sole purpose is just to entertain and kill time, has any lessons to teach those engaged in more serious business! The lessons of governance MUST be how best to govern, not how best to entertain or rack up sales numbers.

First of all, I HIGHLY doubt that anyone is actually serious here.  It's a video game forum, someone noticed a few similarities, and posted it.

Second, take a joke, dude.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:

First of all, I HIGHLY doubt that anyone is actually serious here. It's a video game forum, someone noticed a few similarities, and posted it.

Second, take a joke, dude.

Oh yeah, I'm so sure noone meant it.  OP's second post to this thread doesn't make it sound at all like he means it.  Absolutely.

stof said:
Before even reading your statement, I'm going to have to say no.

It's actually pretty good, lol. Read it, nice post imo.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

CDiablo said:
Obama is not the Wii, the south doesnt hate the Wii cause of the color of its skin.

OMFG. Dude, why would you paint the whole south as racist? That's insulting, honestly.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Strange (and somewhat funny) analogy John, but you seem to be right!
Personally, I have more faith in Obama as commander in chief, to be honest.