By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Your 5 favorite meals

Ooh fuck you, that's hard to answer :/

1. Rinderrouladen with Spätzle
2. Grilled King Prawns with Glass Noodle Salat
3. Beef Steak (bleu) with grilled green Aspargus
4. Gulasch with Spätzle
5. Spaghetti Frutti di Mare

This list doesn't even BEGIN to cover my favorite meals, though. It's pretty much just the 5 meals that first entered my mind :D

Of course all of the meals here are home-made or at least from a good restaurant, death to pre-cooked non-fast food meals :P

Around the Network

Why is this so hard to choose a top 5, I like lots of food

Anfebious said:
Weedlab said:
Anfebious said:

Pasta
Pasta
Pasta
Pasta
Pasta
xD
Did I ever say I love Pasta?

Well joke aside I like Pasta and pretty much everything, I also love "Asado", Argentinian typical food

Do you guys have a dish called Ropa Vieja down south? I'm curious to see how far this dish goes in Latin America.

I never tried or heard about it. sorry . Although upon research, there are some sites that list the recipe here but it's not a well known dish. What's it like?

It's pretty good. I've had it in Cuba and a friend of mine from the Dominican Republic made it for me once. It was interesting how different they were given how close those islands are. It's nothing special though since it can be easily put together. I'm sure the south has it, as you suggested, but possibly under a different name or even no name.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Weedlab said:
Anfebious said:

I never tried or heard about it. sorry . Although upon research, there are some sites that list the recipe here but it's not a well known dish. What's it like?

It's pretty good. I've had it in Cuba and a friend of mine from the Dominican Republic made it for me once. It was interesting how different they were given how close those islands are. It's nothing special though since it can be easily put together. I'm sure the south has it, as you suggested, but possibly under a different name or even no name.

It's as you say, I'm sure we have it but under a different name. I'll be sure to ask my friends as soon as I leave work xD.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Chris1596 said:
Why is this so hard to choose a top 5, I like lots of food

That's probably the reason why it's so hard to choose.

All I know is, Olive Garden's Braised Beef and Tortelloni would be somewhere up there. Along with several other Italian dishes and the possibility of some Korean/Japanese dishes. Traditional American would also be somewhere up there in the Top 5.

Yeah, yeah. It's not specifics, but it's hard to figure that out.

Around the Network

It's very hard to pick a top 5, anyway I'd say:

Polenta taragna, which is basically a porridge made whith buckwheat flour, butter and alpine cheese. It can served alone or accompained by sausages, beef stew or venison stew; the latter is the best imo.

http://www.cucinaitaliana.info/ricette-economiche/polenta-taragna/polent2.jpg

Pizzoccheri valtellinesi. It's a special kind of pasta made whith a mix of buckwheat and  wheat flour, cabbage, potato cuts, alpine cheese, grana padano (similar to parmisan cheese), butter and garlic. Optionally you can add pepper; I like it whith abundant pepper.

http://www.italos.it/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/pizzoccheri.jpg

(edit) Sciatt valtellinesi.  Crunchy balls made of alpine cheese, fried in a batter made of buckwheat and wheat flour.

http://dolcipensieri.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/sciatt-8520.jpg

Spaghetti allo scoglio. Spaghetti whith shrimps, calamari, mussels, clams, parsley and small tomatoes cooked in a pan with olive oil, garlic, white wine and red pepper.

http://www.passionepesce.it/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Ricette-Esca_566.jpg

Filet mignon. Nothing to say here, it's just the most exquisite beef cut.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/2644da49e065cf4a2396b9b4a475ac2f/tumblr_mg2y2kszqD1rngptso1_500.jpg

Then ,I can't really tell I'd say grilled fish in general, I love it and I can't eat very often. Expecially salmon, swordfish and tuna filets.

Just food in general, why would I pick a top 5 when I haven't explored the world and tasted it's many wonders?

BasilZero said:

There's just so many to list, but I'll list some of my favorite hometown/homeland meals.

Chicken Biryani

Sadya

Kappa with Fish Curry

Puttu with Kadala Curry

Rice with Chicken Curry

-----------

two additional items that I would like to note ;p

This is what we have as a tradition at my our church in India - it is a tradition only done every saturday, the church creates a lot of these (there's probably like 15-20 pots of these) and it is given out to people however many they want and to whoever wants it.

Pachoru (Sweet Rice with Brown Sugar and Various fruits/nuts)

AND

This is what I had for our easter feast that I had at my home with my family.

Includes the following: Rice, Chicken Curry, Fish Curry, Fried Fish, Egg Curry, Beef Liver Curry, Beef Curry, and Goat Liver Curry with Steamed Red Cabbage ;3

biryani is great, love that

BasilZero said:

There's just so many to list, but I'll list some of my favorite hometown/homeland meals.

Chicken Biryani

Sadya

Kappa with Fish Curry

Puttu with Kadala Curry

Rice with Chicken Curry

-----------

two additional items that I would like to note ;p

This is what we have as a tradition at my our church in India - it is a tradition only done every saturday, the church creates a lot of these (there's probably like 15-20 pots of these) and it is given out to people however many they want and to whoever wants it.

Pachoru (Sweet Rice with Brown Sugar and Various fruits/nuts)

AND

This is what I had for our easter feast that I had at my home with my family.

Includes the following: Rice, Chicken Curry, Fish Curry, Fried Fish, Egg Curry, Beef Liver Curry, Beef Curry, and Goat Liver Curry with Steamed Red Cabbage ;3

Great stuff! Curries are so yummy. :) I love the variety I get in Trinidad. Luckily, NY has good options that are authentic.

What do you think of Dosas?

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

1. Ramen
2. Chili con Carne
3. Peking duck
4. Döner
5. Gyros

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.