By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo eshop help (Stupid Nintendo)

PhantomLink said:
Chandler said:

Change region to US and try to get eShop credit through other means if your credit card doesn't work on the eshop. I'm sure there are online shops that send eshop codes via e-mail.

Well, you would think that there are online shops that sell codes but I think there aren't. That's why I don't use the US eShop. I think that it works setting the region to Mexico or Brazil but prices are higher that's why I choose Canada. :(

Huh? Really? In Germany we have tons of online shops which will send you the eShop codes via E-Mail.

EDIT: http://maximuscards.com/index.php/itempage/detailitem?p=197961 (US link)
EDIT 2: Another US link: http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buy/Nintendo-E-Shop-20-Card/

Around the Network

If you are planning to buy A Link between worlds then I think you are screwed. I still have my $30 in the U.S eshop and I'm planning to use it on either AA5 or maybe wait until a game I want goes below $30.

Haven't found a way around this and I don't think there is one.

Nintendo and PC gamer

PhantomLink said:

So I bought Fire Emblem Awakening back in March and SMT4 before the pomotion announcement. Today I register both on my Club Nintendo Account, the problem is that I'm from El Salvador and I'm currently living in Brazil. Because I cannot use my credict card in the US eshop I set up my location to Canada, now my problem is that the promotinal code doesn't work in the Canadian eshop and if I enter it in the US eshop I wont be able to add funds to that account and I will be stuck with $30. My plan is to buy A Link Between Worlds with that money.

Is ther any workaround for this?

the 3ds is the same in canada and the US so you could get a US eshop card and use it on your canadian 3ds if the eshop region is set to US.

since purchases in the US region will apply US sales tax to each purchase, set the zipcode in the eshop settings to a zipcode in alaska to avoid sales tax since you are in canada and dont need to pay US sales tax.

http://maximuscards.com/index.php/itempage/detailitem?p=197961
 http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buy/Nintendo-E-Shop-20-Card/

US eShop prepaid cards with Digital Delivery. Voila

KHlover said:

the 3ds is the same in canada and the US so you could get a US eshop card and use it on your canadian 3ds if the eshop region is set to US.

Don't know about pre-paid cards, but for this FE x SMT bonus, when I got the $30 on the U.S eshop and then changed the region (to Canada again) I received a message that says I couldn't use the $30 in the Canada eshop. And in fact when I checked the balance it said $0.0, but I change it to U.S again and it said $30.0.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
KHlover said:

Don't know about pre-paid cards, but for this FE x SMT bonus, when I got the $30 on the U.S eshop and then changed the region (to Canada again) I received a message that says I couldn't use the $30 in the Canada eshop. And in fact when I checked the balance it said $0.0, but I change it to U.S again and it said $30.0.

Maybe my formulation was a bit bad. The Canadian 3DS gives you the option to use either the Canadian or US eShop. But funds added to the Canadian eShop will stay at the Canadian eShop and vice versa. Not much of a problem since you can just change between the regions. And like mentioned in my last post - it seems you don't even have to pay sales tax if you set your state to Alaska in the US eShop.

Around the Network
KHlover said:
osed125 said:

Maybe my formulation was a bit bad. The Canadian 3DS gives you the option to use either the Canadian or US eShop. But funds added to the Canadian eShop will stay at the Canadian eShop and vice versa. Not much of a problem since you can just change between the regions. And like mentioned in my last post - it seems you don't even have to pay sales tax if you set your state to Alaska in the US eShop.

Oh ok that makes sense. OP could just buy a digital card for the money that's left for A Link between worlds, and use it on the U.S eshop. This is interesting, I'm going to try it as well.

Edit: does the guys on the links you posted send the code to your email? 

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
KHlover said:
osed125 said:

Oh ok that makes sense. OP could just buy a digital card for the money that's left for A Link between worlds, and use it on the U.S eshop. This is interesting, I'm going to try it as well.

Yup. Anything but digital distribution wouldn't make any sense for eShop cards anyways^^

KHlover said:
osed125 said:

Yup. Anything but digital distribution wouldn't make any sense for eShop cards anyways^^

Thanks a lot for this! I was planning to buy M&L: Dream Team with the FE x SMT bonus, but after knowing that I couldn't use the money in Canada (the only place where my credit card works), then I figured to use it on something else or wait for a price drop on another game. With this I can still buy M&L at good price (and still waaaaay lower than in my country). Too bad I only need $10 and the lowest one is $20, but it doesn't matter that much, I could spend the extra $10 on a couple of VC games or something.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
KHlover said:
osed125 said:

Thanks a lot for this! I was planning to buy M&L: Dream Team with the FE x SMT bonus, but after knowing that I couldn't use the money in Canada (the only place where my credit card works), then I figured to use it on something else or wait for a price drop on another game. With this I can still buy M&L at good price (and still waaaaay lower than in my country). Too bad I only need $10 and the lowest one is $20, but it doesn't matter that much, I could spend the extra $10 on a couple of VC games or something.

You're welcome :D

Well yeah, my only problem with the US e-shop is that I doesn't accepts my cards, but if they can deliver the code right to my email account then I guess my problem is solved, Thanks

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?