By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Power Reviews Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

wiiforever said:
loadedstatement said:
thekitchensink said:
Not rain on everyone's parade, but it's very likely some assholes (possibly 1up) will give it a 9.5 just to get some hits.

But that's enough of that! Must...keep...thinking...POSITIVELY!

Not sure if this is sarcasm. But if it is not, I think its really funny that you think a 9.5 would be a bad review. And that a 9.5 would lure hits to a site for such a horrible review lol.

9.5 is terrible!!! (for games like SMG and SSBB). It is those 9.5 rating that kept SMG from getting the honor of being the highest rated game ever! aarrrrggghhh

SSBB should be rated higher than 9.5 (hopefully perfect) it's time for a perfect game 

No, it wasn't sarcasm, but I also didn't mean to imply that 9.5 is a bad score, either (it's one of the highest honours a game can get).  But everyone (myself included) have allowed themselves to believe that this game will keep some crazy 100% average on Gamerankings once all the reviews are in.  I guarantee at least one reviewer will give it a 9.5 just to generate hits, even if they really feel like giving it a 10.

It doesn't mean the game will be anything less than perfect in my eyes

Understand what I meant now?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

^well...I seriously doubt it will be a step backward; rather, a gigantic step FORWORD

Yea nice trolling Riot..real mature.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Hmm, I was expecting a 9.5 as well, but isn't this to be expected especially from NP?

Neos said:
Yea nice trolling Riot..real mature.

He was just voicing his opinion.  A lot of people don't seem to understand what a review is, so allow me to fill you in. A review is someone's opinion about a game. You don't have to agree with their opinion, but they have the right to have one that is different from you. A review that is negative is not trolling unless it actually crosses the border between dislike ("the gameplay is slow", "I don't like the character roster", etc) and actual trolling ("this game is trash", "I wouldn't use it for a frisbee", etc).

There is nothing that implies that anyone here is trolling. If you don't agree with them, that's fine. That doesn't give you the right to complain about it and thus detracting from the subject at hand. This is especially true in the case where you haven't even played the game. Just relax.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

what i have heard is the NP is very lenient on the reviews so a 10/10 is nothing

haha Nintendo Power. Don't tell me you guys read that mag. I stopped reading it about the time RC Pro AM came out.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

why should a game have a mediocre (it seems?) single player mode get a 10.0?

this should get a score above halo3 but certainly below SMG.

the Wii is an epidemic.

^y certainly below SMG? Have u played it yet?

dam I'm late to this thread well brawl rox.