By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Power Reviews Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

Yeah, that's not the KH3 announcement that was rumored (big surprise there). A little disappointing that it's an RPG we've known about since when? Last E3? At least we know it's coming to the US and most likely Europe now though, and it's official non japanese name, but yeah....not exactly jaw dropping.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
>So, who would you rather go to for unbiased reviews?

@naznatips

I have no problem with the score, it won't be the last reviewer to give the game a perfect score (although personally, I don't think any game is perfect, but that's just me)

what I do have a problem is is the way the review was written. It's hardly subjective at all. It just reads like a PR report mixed with fanboy "wows",

Even if you don't agree with me, do you understand what I'm saying?

I hate to point out the obvious but if they are going to give the game a 10/10 they should have liked the game yes?  Ok then why is it a problem for them to go over the game point by point and praise the game?

If you have no issue with the score then you should have no issue with the commentary being full of praise.  Seriously that makes no damn sense. /boggle. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
kingofwale said:
oh wow, I haven't heard this much butt-kissing since hmmm... last issue of Nintendo Power.

how can people even read this kind of biased view? I mean, I own a PS3, but I don't go to PS3 love-fest.

boy are you gonna be in for a dissapointment..as more "butt kissing" ensues

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

i still need to get nintendo power. but i want brawl more!

naznatips said:

For those who are questioning his raving about the content as "fanboyism", these are some of the things included in Brawl:

[Buncha stuff deleted]

If you can name a game with anywhere near that amount of content, please do. I can't, and I've been playing games for 20 years. This isn't fanboy raving. Anyone who isn't knocked on their ass by the amount of stuff in this game is simply kidding themselves.

Well, when you put it that way...

Great write-up. There's so much in the game I had forgotten a few of the things. And I've kept up with every Dojo update. It really is a lot to take in. 

Around the Network

@ Torillian
I assume you mean Soriku

@ kingofwale
Maybe it sounds like a Nintendo PR person mixed with Wii fanboy because it is actually that amazing and deserves that much praise.

thekitchensink said:
pichu_pichu said:
Now its 3 reviews of a perfect score. KOOL

3?  I know of Thunderbolt and NP--what's the third?

@ Tayne: NP has given many Nintendo-developed games low scores when they deserve them.

They gave Galaxy 9.5, and that's one of my favourite games of all time, so Smash won't be beaten, quality-wise, until the next Smash

famitsu also gave it a perfect score

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

basically this game was "finished" about a year ago.

But Nintendo being Nintendo they put another years worth of polish and viola! out comes an untouchable work of art.

Same as they did with Mario Galaxy.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

i ordered nintendo power like a month ago and i still havent goten it. for the people have been subscribing to nintendo power for a long time, what day of the month do you usually get your magazine.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

I expected nothing less :D

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa