By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Will Naughty Dog's Next Game Be!? <(^_^<)

What is it!?

New IP! 49 37.40%

Sequel to existing IP! (Ex: Uncharted 4) 75 57.25%

Nothing! D: 6 4.58%

Total:130

So our favorite developer is bound to unveil their next game soon! Could be at Gamescon, could be at TGS, will definitely be by E3 2014! So the question is, what will it be!? I think they'll stick with tradition and move on to a new IP for the new generation, but that's just my guess. What are yours!? Be sure to vote in the poll!

Around the Network

Uncharted 4. This series is way too big to just let go. I mean I understand that they only did 3 Jak games and stopped which is why people think they only do trilogies in games. You have to understand that each instalment of the Jak games were getting less and less sales. It's the exact opposite for Uncharted. Uncharted 2 is still slightly above 3 but I'm positive Uncharted 3 will surpass it sooner or later.

They can't just walk away from Nathan Drake! I won't let them!!

uncharted 4

Edit : my bet is that it will release in 2014 with the uncharted movie releasing between summer 2014 or the summer after it

Naughty Dog is filled with creative people who want to tell stories. I think they're successful to the point that they don't feel they have to go back to the well over and over. They can follow their imaginations. That's why I think we'll see a new IP this time around.

TLoU is going to be damn hard to follow, though.

Uncharted: Sully Edition with the titular character when he brought the hooker to church, or when he tried to find a bride in a brothel. Okay so he may not do those specific things, but it is possible to have him in his youth.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

New IP and its hinted alot in Last of Us

MoiseHnkel said:

when? also please use a spolier tag so you dont ruin the game for everybody else

riderz13371 said:
Uncharted 4. This series is way too big to just let go. I mean I understand that they only did 3 Jak games and stopped which is why people think they only do trilogies in games. You have to understand that each instalment of the Jak games were getting less and less sales. It's the exact opposite for Uncharted. Uncharted 2 is still slightly above 3 but I'm positive Uncharted 3 will surpass it sooner or later.

They can't just walk away from Nathan Drake! I won't let them!!

lol that's what people said about Crash and then Jak!

As for Jak's sales, I think the reason for this is because the games got progressively worse, or atleast that's what most people say. I believe it's cause they altered the core of the game. What was originally a primarily platforming game in Jak1 became more about guns and vehicles in Jak2/3, so that probably turned off a lot of fans. With the Uncharted series, the games retained their core gameplay and only improved upon it with each game. As long as they continue to do this with future IPs, they should be fine!

Also they could still make an Uncharted 4 even if it's not their next game so there's always hope!

I am thinking new ip but they will also make an uncharted game as it is one of the bigger playstation franchises now.

bananaking21 said:
MoiseHnkel said:

when? also please use a spolier tag so you dont ruin the game for everybody else

Savage starligth, movie poster in the game, Comics as collectible(you can't read it) 

They bougth the site web ... http://savagestarlight.com/ its alot of attention for promoting Last of us Ingame collectible for achivement ...