By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 58: Avatar The Last Airbender

Linkzmax said:
Vetteman94 said:

All I got from your second paragraph is that most roles fit the flavor and you don't buy Linkzmaz story about being a Twon Roleblocker and that he is a Mafia Roleblocker and that I agree with.  The rest is flavor stuff and I know nothing about that.  

Nacho is only using flavor meta to to try to lynch me just as you've been using role meta to cast doubt on me, but only when it suits you. Roleblocker may often be mafia-aligned, but commuter is almost always a fake claim.

Oh and since you like WIFOM, why would I claim Roleblocker as scum knowing it'd get so much negative attention?

Actually I have been thinking about that and have started to doubt you would.  Although you do deal with pressure better than the average player does and you arent afraid to go after a teammate if they are playing badly in an attempt to blend in.  

I didnt like his vanilla townie claim only for him to claim he tried to spring a trap and then come in with a ridiculous commuter role claim.  Its a safe claim because its almost always town but it is a common fake claim role.  Plus I dont like his name claim either.

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
Linkzmax said:
Vetteman94 said:

All I got from your second paragraph is that most roles fit the flavor and you don't buy Linkzmaz story about being a Twon Roleblocker and that he is a Mafia Roleblocker and that I agree with.  The rest is flavor stuff and I know nothing about that.  

Nacho is only using flavor meta to to try to lynch me just as you've been using role meta to cast doubt on me, but only when it suits you. Roleblocker may often be mafia-aligned, but commuter is almost always a fake claim.

Oh and since you like WIFOM, why would I claim Roleblocker as scum knowing it'd get so much negative attention?

Actually I have been thinking about that and have started to doubt you would.  Although you do deal with pressure better than the average player does and you arent afraid to go after a teammate if they are playing badly in an attempt to blend in.  

I didnt like his vanilla townie claim only for him to claim he tried to spring a trap and then come in with a ridiculous commuter role claim.  Its a safe claim because its almost always town but it is a common fake claim role.  Plus I dont like his name claim either.

Where have you specifically seen commuter fakeclaims?

And why didn't you mention not liking my name claim when I initially claimed my name?

AstroGamer said:
Yeah, I don't really trust Nacho either. That initial vanilla claim followed by the commuter claim could have just been a lie since we got suspicious of his first claim.
I don't fully trust Linkz especially since he has roleblocker, but I distrust Nacho more
Vote: Nacho

At this point you also have to look at the scenarios, and possibilities. I reckon nacho made a scummy move, but the setting he is trying to put is good. And, you don't even have to trust him, take a look at the scenarios I described.

Now, besides that, what nacho is saying is also very important, should linkz be really mafia, allowing a mafia roleblocker alive would cost us dearly.

I may be playing nacho's game (if he is playing us), but, we could survive mislynching linkz. If linkz is town, then nacho would be mafia, along him could only be vette, trasleg, and stefl, as radish, you, and I are town, and noctis would be very likely being town, because the only scenario where noctis is not a motivator would be if linkz were lying, but he wouldn't have a reason to do it if he is town. Then, with stefl death, and trashleg being modkilled, we would be 4 town against 2 mafia. And mislynching linkz, would corner the rest of the mafia, leading us for a win.

This scenario is based on some assumptions, and I could be wrong, but thats what we are discussing.

@Vette. I'd agree that I handle pressure well, but that's when someone claims I'm guilty due to a scan or whatnot. But I don't try to attract pressure when there's easier options available. I'm not sure who you're referring to about going after a teammate, Nacho?

@benao, I don't understand why you're assuming radish is Town simply because of flavor. The idea of a multi-use Friendly Neighbor is lulzworthy. If there were enough confirmed townies I'd be a bit salty, but being mislynched and still winning ain't too bad.

Simple question for everyone; It's clear mafia spent two nights trying to kill yoshi. Presumably they scanned him or figured it out his role when he said he visited Stefl. Why didn't I just block him if I'm mafia?

Nachomamma8 said:

Chi blocking is a large part of the show and is the closest to "roleblocking" the show has. When everything else has aligned pretty closely with flavor, it's pretty safe to assume that this will as well.

You're correct with motivation, which is unfortunate. Noctis should still target Benao, Astro should still protect Benao, and Benao should protect one out of {Noctis, Astro, Radish}, with Radish targetting Benao. 

Radish-scum and Astro-scum is laughable and a result of you trying to cut down the number of confirmed town.

I'll have to rewatch the series, because I don't even remember chi blocking outside of a few times. And I didn't recall who Ty Lee was until you mentioned it and I looked him(or as I found out her) up.

Agree that the bolded should happen regardless of how today goes, as long as there is still a Night of course.

How is radish-scum laughable? There's absolutely nothing confirming him as town.

Around the Network
Nachomamma8 said:
Vetteman94 said:
Linkzmax said:
Vetteman94 said:

Where have you specifically seen commuter fakeclaims?

And why didn't you mention not liking my name claim when I initially claimed my name?

In other mafia games. 

I did, on a few occaisions as well.  And I wasnt the only one to do it.  

Linkzmax said:

@benao, I don't understand why you're assuming radish is Town simply because of flavor. The idea of a multi-use Friendly Neighbor is lulzworthy. If there were enough confirmed townies I'd be a bit salty, but being mislynched and still winning ain't too bad.

Simple question for everyone; It's clear mafia spent two nights trying to kill yoshi. Presumably they scanned him or figured it out his role when he said he visited Stefl. Why didn't I just block him if I'm mafia?

Unfortunately other than flavour we could only read all radish posts. Another problem with that is that he joined half game, and spent many posts saying that "he had to catch up". Flavour fits, and flavour has appear to be an important factor this round. I don't know, nor have the experience to decide if his role is queer. I do hope that I'm not making any mistake, and unfortunately the alternative that I'm pushing is lynching you. I would understand your frustration if you are indeed town, but this scenario allows us to spare you and keep going, cornering mafia.

Linkzmax said:
@Vette. I'd agree that I handle pressure well, but that's when someone claims I'm guilty due to a scan or whatnot. But I don't try to attract pressure when there's easier options available. I'm not sure who you're referring to about going after a teammate, Nacho?

Well it just that you arent afraid to go after a teammate if they screw up joining the rest of town to blend in.  I do believe you did it in the last game with me.  

I dont know if that is really that clear.  In my personal experience when a mafia attempts to kill someone and that kill is blocked they move to another target to avoid multiple nights in a row of no kill.  What good would blocking a guy you were attempting to kill do?   Unless you thought it wouldn't go through. 

I still think Nacho is mafia because he lied but if there is a strong man then his role makes sense.

As for linkz if he is mafia then trashleg is town but if trashleg is mafia then linkz is town.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
I still think Nacho is mafia because he lied but if there is a strong man then his role makes sense.

As for linkz if he is mafia then trashleg is town but if trashleg is mafia then linkz is town.

Why?