By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 58: Avatar The Last Airbender

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Well, I don't know if this is of any relevance but Moreno targeted Stefl.
So stefl's alignment is still isn't town.

kinda figured that with the way he died and with Moreno being Town Vigilante.   But that doesnt mean anything as far as Stefls alignment.   

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Well, I don't know if this is of any relevance but Moreno targeted Stefl.
So stefl's alignment is still isn't town.

kinda figured that with the way he died and with Moreno being Town Vigilante.   But that doesnt mean anything as far as Stefls alignment.   

It does mean anything. Stefl's alignement wasn't even revealed.

Moreno using his ability on Stefl means that there's no 3rd party killer and mafia didn't kill him.

stefl is still 50/50.

Nachomamma8 said:
Vote: Linkzmax

I'm actually Appa, town Commuter. I lied because I had a feeling that there were no vanillas in the setup and wanted to see if I couldn't get someone to claim Vanilla with me, and it was a decently low-risk gambit because I haven't commuted yet and thus it wouldn't cause any conflicts with roles.

Now, for the interesting part. We are most likely looking for three scum: Azula, the one who kills with lightning, Ty Lee, and Mai, Azula's two cohorts. It is highly likely that Linkz is the Mafia Roleblocker; All claimed roles fit pretty solidly with flavor; Iroh gives Zuko a ton of advice during the show, hence his being a motivator. I can fly high above the clouds, hence the commuter. Aang can bend a ton of things, hence a Jack of all Trades. Katara the healer, Bumi is crazy so ???, Toph becomes head of a police force, etc etc etc. Suki (sometimes Zuki) is a Kyoshi Warrior who doesn't know chi blocking, Ty Lee is Azula's cohort who most definitely DOES know chi blocking, hence reason one why Linkz needs to die.

Reason two is that Linkz has a confirmed roleblocking power (where evidence hasn't been shown of any other roleblocking/redirecting power at all), and that conflicts with optimal night action plan if the roleblocking is headed by scum. Noctis needs to motivate benao, Astro protects benao, Benao protects Noctis then flips a coin between protecting one of {Astro, Radish}. Radish sends his hawk to Benao, and I will commute at night. If we lynch Linkz, that will allow the mafia to have a 50% chance of delivering a nightkill on {Astro, Radish} or they will be forced to kill Vetterman the miller. If trashleg is Azula like I'm guessing he is (Vetterman isn't a godfather and it's likely dead weight trashleg has been forced to submit the kill every night), then Vetterman will be the last scum and forced to gamble between Astro and Radish to get a kill in. If he fails, we will have 6 alive with {Radish, Astro, Noctis, Benao} all alive and confirmed town, which means that vetterman AND I can be lynched for a guaranteed win. If he succeeds, there will be 5 alive with {Benao, Noctis, one of Radish/Astro}, which means that Vetterman and I can still be lynched for that guaranteed win.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that role blocking has to be chi blocking, because my PM says I can use kyoshi war fans to block a target each night.

As for reason two, you're missing a few details.(I assume intentionally) First, if I'm scum and roleblock anyone not according to the plan then I'm instalycnhed, simple as that. In your hypotheticals it's assumed trashleg is scum, so due to the modkill it's not as if I could win with a kill tonight anyway. Second, motivation doesn't work in the same Night, so benao couldn't protect two targets, unless he was targeted by Noctis last night.(and like him claiming in the first place, there's no reason to divulge if that's the case or not)

Now I have to assume you're running this gambit because trash isn't actually scum, so a mislynch now would seal a win. Vette would naturally be your scumbuddy, and that leaves radish as your third. There's no reason for mafia to hold a kill just to solidify what would already be instant-"confirmed" Katara Doctor. I've been fooled by mod's using "broken" roles before, but I've never heard of a Mafia motivator, and I don't think Mario would limit it to just being useable on Townies as a fake confirmation. Hmmm, Astro could be a scum JOAT with at least the Tracker/Watcher ability. But I think as with benao, giving out the information like he did isn't something scum would do.

I don't know how I feel about returning to the Stefl situation, I think Nacho has made a good case as to what should be done today though.

Vote: Linkz

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

The only thing though is that I know Linkz is a roleblocker, and so I'm not completely sold that he's "got to be" a mafia-aligned player. It could still plausibly be Vette- we've seen games where an early claimed "miller" who's actually a mafia make it a great deal through the game (even to the end?)

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:

All I got from your second paragraph is that most roles fit the flavor and you don't buy Linkzmaz story about being a Twon Roleblocker and that he is a Mafia Roleblocker and that I agree with.  The rest is flavor stuff and I know nothing about that.  

Nacho is only using flavor meta to to try to lynch me just as you've been using role meta to cast doubt on me, but only when it suits you. Roleblocker may often be mafia-aligned, but commuter is almost always a fake claim.

Oh and since you like WIFOM, why would I claim Roleblocker as scum knowing it'd get so much negative attention?

See radish is trying to get rid of me too. Whatever

Vote: Nacho

I can only hope you guys come to your senses, or that I'm wrong.

Yeah, I don't really trust Nacho either. That initial vanilla claim followed by the commuter claim could have just been a lie since we got suspicious of his first claim.
I don't fully trust Linkz especially since he has roleblocker, but I distrust Nacho more

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Linkzmax said:

I'm not sure where you get the idea that role blocking has to be chi blocking, because my PM says I can use kyoshi war fans to block a target each night.

As for reason two, you're missing a few details.(I assume intentionally) First, if I'm scum and roleblock anyone not according to the plan then I'm instalycnhed, simple as that. In your hypotheticals it's assumed trashleg is scum, so due to the modkill it's not as if I could win with a kill tonight anyway. Second, motivation doesn't work in the same Night, so benao couldn't protect two targets, unless he was targeted by Noctis last night.(and like him claiming in the first place, there's no reason to divulge if that's the case or not)

Now I have to assume you're running this gambit because trash isn't actually scum, so a mislynch now would seal a win. Vette would naturally be your scumbuddy, and that leaves radish as your third. There's no reason for mafia to hold a kill just to solidify what would already be instant-"confirmed" Katara Doctor. I've been fooled by mod's using "broken" roles before, but I've never heard of a Mafia motivator, and I don't think Mario would limit it to just being useable on Townies as a fake confirmation. Hmmm, Astro could be a scum JOAT with at least the Tracker/Watcher ability. But I think as with benao, giving out the information like he did isn't something scum would do.

I've also wondered how would be the scenario with nacho being scum, but my problem with your last paragraph is that I don't see radish as mafia. If trashleg isn't mafia, you and noctis are town, I lean towards a Nacho-vette-stefl mafia team, allowing us, a mislynch toDay. Unless of course radish can be mafia, but I just don't see it, after his claim and flavour.

Linkzmax said:

Chi blocking is a large part of the show and is the closest to "roleblocking" the show has. When everything else has aligned pretty closely with flavor, it's pretty safe to assume that this will as well.

You're correct with motivation, which is unfortunate. Noctis should still target Benao, Astro should still protect Benao, and Benao should protect one out of {Noctis, Astro, Radish}, with Radish targetting Benao. 

Radish-scum and Astro-scum is laughable and a result of you trying to cut down the number of confirmed town.

AstroGamer said:
Yeah, I don't really trust Nacho either. That initial vanilla claim followed by the commuter claim could have just been a lie since we got suspicious of his first claim.
I don't fully trust Linkz especially since he has roleblocker, but I distrust Nacho more

Do you think Radish is scum? Do you see why leaving roleblocker Linkz alive tonight is a bad idea?