By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Assuming PS3 wins Week of Feb. 3, PS3 has outsold 360 for 10 straight weeks

Although the margins have generally been small, that's still a significant achievement. Sony and its fans can and should be proud. Good find on this statistic.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Around the Network
darconi said:
Goes to show that you can't do all that well in the console wars by having strength in only 1 region (US).

That is very true. PS3's Others and 360's NA sales seem to be close to equal, but the Japanese numbers put PS3 on top the last 10 weeks.

I'd take 2 over 1 any day even if they're the 2 weaker ones. USA > Others > Japan...sales wise.

The Wii has won 300 straight weeks.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

The Wii hasn't even been out 300 straight weeks.

I wonder what sig Ben will have for me...

Around the Network

^^It was a joke in reference to the OP

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
^^It was a joke in reference to the OP

Crap, I didn't even realize, lol. >_<

It's been a few hours since I've read the OP. 

If this doesn't result in better games, the PS3 has not gained a damn thing. I really don't care what the PS3 outsells. The 360 is doing great in terms of software, and the PS3 still has work to do in that area.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

lol makingmusic!

My memory from when I checked before is that this site shows the 360 hitting 10 million sold worldwide at the end of May/beginning of June 2007. Looks like the PS3 should pass 10 million sold worldwide for the data ending February 16th (at least according to the data here). There is still some catching up to do of course since the PS3 launched much later, but at least for the time to 10 million it looks like the PS3 will have done it in less time (even with the delay of the European launch compared to Japan and the US).

--Darin