By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2013: Seattle Seahawks win Super Bowl XLVIII

Preseason voting: Who will win the Super Bowl?

Ravens 28 6.14%

Patriots 53 11.62%

Broncos 141 30.92%

Texans 9 1.97%

Other (AFC) 19 4.17%

49ers 32 7.02%

Falcons 5 1.10%

Packers 17 3.73%

Seahawks 101 22.15%

Other (NFC) 47 10.31%

Total:452

I'll play

Around the Network

Looking to have a good crowd this year. Guess Rol didn't piss everyone off yet.

RolStoppable said:

The NFC North is the first and only division to be fully represented so far. Tough times ahead for you, because nobody likes the Bears.

Yep. That's why earlier I said I'd be getting flak all season.  I'm all alone this time.

Ah well... so long as Bears do well I won't have to hear anything. But at this point I have little confidence due to all the off-season shinanigans.

Zelhawks37 said:seems o be an even stronger division than the

@chocoloco, No chance, sorry. Seahawks take the division. :)

I am torn. From an outsider of the NFC West, I really call it a coin toss like Ryan's picks. It seems to be an even stronger division than the NFC North now. The Rams would probably be a playoff team if they were in any other division. Though I am swaying towards the Seahawks as my favorite NFC team.

Crabtree is gone. Good for you. On the 49ers, I am glad they signed Boldin from the Ravins he made the over payed Flacco look good last year. He killed the Broncos in the playoffs and many other teams.

outlawauron said:
and I do hope the Raiders go to the playoffs this year. Matt Flynn will lead them to the promised land.

There seems to be a lot of in the closet Raider fans in here. They are going to be the Broncos' biggest joke. 

AFC West Broncos>Chiefs>Chargers>Chokeland thugs

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
chocoloco said:

I see, the Chiefs are going to be overrated yet again. Last year the experts put them down for winning the AFC West. Why are they always so favored, even though they finish third or fourth so often?

This year Andy Reid. The Chiefs have a lot of defensive talent. Some people think the former 49er Alex smith will improve the Cheifs a lot. In short. Smith is not going to do well in Reid's all out pass game plan. He is just not good enough. 

chocoloco said:
outlawauron said:
and I do hope the Raiders go to the playoffs this year. Matt Flynn will lead them to the promised land.

There seems to be a lot of in the closet Raider fans in here. They are going to be the Broncos' biggest joke. 

AFC West Broncos>Chiefs>Chargers>Chokeland thugs

Well, Oakland has been one of my favorite teams since I was little. First team I cheered for when I started watching NFL. I went to LSU and saw Flynn play multiple times, so I'm cheering for his success wherever he goes.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I Expect KC to give Denver a run for it's money in the AFC West. Alex Smith is underrated.

shakarak said:
I Expect KC to give Denver a run for it's money in the AFC West. Alex Smith is underrated.

Oh, you so funny. I have seen statistics that show when he takes over games in high level passing with little utilization of the running game he plays badly he only won in San Francisco when they relied heavily on the running game. KC's best player is probably their running back, but considering he failed at making Michael Vick pass for the Eagles more than almost every other team except the lions. I expect Reid to continue his dumb fuck all out pass strategy that will not be great.

My Predictions for the year. Last year I predicted a Texans versus 49ers Superbowl before the season started with the 49ers being champions.

Wild Card Teams AFC: Pittsburg Steelers, and Baltimore Ravens

AFC number 4 seed: New England Patriots Fingers crossed they miss the playoffs.

AFC number 3 seed: Cinncinnati Bengals  They are AFC dark horses

AFC number 2 seed: Houston Texans  They were almost the number one seed last year, but the media mostly ignores them because they have a boring quarterback.

AFC number 1 seed: Denver Broncos The media often still calls it "absurd" the Broncos lost to the Ravins amongst other things. The NFL also named that playoff game the NFL's 2012-2013 game of the year.

Wild Card teams NFC: New Orleans Saints Hey, they got their cheating coach back. San Francisco 49ers Tough division will keep them from the top seed.

NFC number 4 seed: Green Bay Packers  Fraudgers is a short bitch that will be injured after he gets sacked so much

NFC Number 3 seed: New York Giants The Mannings have mojo, and huge testicles.

NFC number 2 seed: Seattle Seahawks: Tough division.

NFC number one seed: Atlanta Falcons can do it in their easier division again.

AFC Champions: Denver Broncos

NFC Champions: San Fancisco 49ers  I want Greenbay personally so the Super Bowl rematch can take place.

World Champions: Denver Broncos This is one of the best teams Manning has ever been on. Easily.

Oh, and guys, check out the strong arms on this old man. 

Watching Brady in these pre-season games makes me laugh at anyone that thinks the Patriots are going to lose their division. Although I see the Dolphins being pretty strong this year too.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers